2021 Whitetail Success Thread!

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Hunted a whopping 5 days down here. Day 1, saw a nice buck at 35 yds but no shot. Day 3, missed a hog and gut shot a deer - buddy had tuned my xbow, dead on for him, shot to left for me. Fixed it, days 4 and 5, nothing. Deer got real scarce real fast and we were going deep.

My buddy on day 5 - seemed to be a favorite perch of his - about 8 feet from the stand. Saw him land, he watched me fish around my pack for the cell phone, turn it on, etc. with curiosity and got bored, started looking around - I had to click at him to get the picture. Highlight of the hunt. FL Barred Owl.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Nice bucks! So far I’ve struck out during the rut, lots of bucks, just not what I’m looking for. Rifle starts this weekend, hope I can join this party!

Reactions: mallardsx2

the wanderer

Nov 14, 2012
Burlington, WI
Shot this buck on November 4th at 3:30 in the afternoon. Only my second day of hunting in Wisconsin. After being gone for 11 days elk hunting in Wyoming I didn’t push to hunt too much at home. Trying to keep the home front happy.

Attachments

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Shot this buck on November 4th at 3:30 in the afternoon. Only my second day of hunting in Wisconsin. After being gone for 11 days elk hunting in Wyoming I didn’t push to hunt too much at home. Trying to keep the home front happy.
Way too much fun to have the family along for the ride!

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
My 14 year old got his best buck last night. Normally a dedicated bowhunter, with the tough season we’ve had, he has been rifle hunting more. We’re very selective about what we shoot on our property, and he had passed several others. I actually passed this guy on October 23, and was very happy my boy got the opportunity. It’s a pretty good deer around here 7397FF29-B1DE-45F2-B881-E33CC35CE596.jpeg

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
My 14 year old got his best buck last night. Normally a dedicated bowhunter, with the tough season we’ve had, he has been rifle hunting more. We’re very selective about what we shoot on our property, and he had passed several others. I actually passed this guy on October 23, and was very happy my boy got the opportunity. It’s a pretty good deer around here View attachment 37751
Very cool, glad he connected.

Reactions: CrimsonArrow

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I have spent a lot of time in the woods to get the three bucks I have gotten. I think I averaged 23 sits/shooter. Its been a grind but proven to be worth it. I still have one buck tag to fill here at home. I'm going to hit the ground this weekend and hunt for pigs/bucks and hopefully get a good buck in the swamp and give him a free boat ride....lol We have 4 deer in the freezer and need about 2 more to get us through until next year.

Reactions: ScottR

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I have spent a lot of time in the woods to get the three bucks I have gotten. I think I averaged 23 sits/shooter. Its been a grind but proven to be worth it. I still have one buck tag to fill here at home. I'm going to hit the ground this weekend and hunt for pigs/bucks and hopefully get a good buck in the swamp and give him a free boat ride....lol We have 4 deer in the freezer and need about 2 more to get us through until next year.
I reached out to all my buddies nobody did any good during the IL firearm season. I shot a smaller 9 pointer I had passed up during the archery season. My sister jumped him up and he ended up running by me so I shot him on the run. Thought he was bigger.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I killed the deer at 12:25 after sitting in my lone wolf assault hand climber and not seeing any deer all morning. I almost always do all day sits during gun season. It has paid off a couple times in my lifetime. Him and 4 other bucks were having a lovers quarrel over a doe....lol

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I killed the deer at 12:25 after sitting in my lone wolf assault hand climber and not seeing any deer all morning. I almost always do all day sits during gun season. It has paid off a couple times in my lifetime. Him and 4 other bucks were having a lovers quarrel over a doe....lol
The commitment it takes to kill big deer is always what impresses me the most.

Reactions: mallardsx2