2021 success Thread!!

BrandonM

Nov 9, 2011
Nothing for me in Wyoming but did manage to dig this one up in Colorado, best buck we seen in the whole 3rd season, pretty tough hunt so feel fortunate to have harvested him!!
Nice work. This is been a tough year for a lot of us due to drought conditions and tons of people in the field. Way to persevere in less than ideal conditions!

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
350 pounds field dressed with the guts taken out has got to be a world record.

Congratulations on your record.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
350 pounds field dressed with the guts taken out has got to be a world record.

Congratulations on your record.
Not a record but pretty dang rare to see one over 300 dressed. To put it in perspective, 350 would be a dressed weight for a decent sized cow elk. The record is actually 410 pounds for a mule deer and even heavier for a whitetail - 439lbs.

Reactions: kidoggy

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Just got back from our 4th season hunt. Myself and my hunting partner filled our tags. We saw lots of deer, but the rut was still not going hot. Just a few bucks around a few does. Saw no big bucks either. We both shot smaller bucks, but boy were they fat and in great shape. Will be some great eating.

I came home limping around with my left knee swelled up and both ankles really sore. A little better this morning......sure feeling my age after this trip that was real easy hunting.

BrandonM

Nov 9, 2011
Just got back from our 4th season hunt. Myself and my hunting partner filled our tags. We saw lots of deer, but the rut was still not going hot. Just a few bucks around a few does. Saw no big bucks either. We both shot smaller bucks, but boy were they fat and in great shape. Will be some great eating.

I came home limping around with my left knee swelled up and both ankles really sore. A little better this morning......sure feeling my age after this trip that was real easy hunting.
Too bad on not seeing anything big. Glad the deer you harvested were healthy though.

This year has been weird from the rut standpoint. I've been hearing that from everyone, no matter the state or the species.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Congrats on your deer guys!

As far as the rut goes:

It was the moon. Read about it below in the link.

Being a chronic complainer, I have to blame something. lol

This year I experienced more mid day rutting action than at daylight and dark combined and I spent a lot of time in a tree this year.