2020 Whitetail Success Thread

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I didn't see any of these started. If I missed it please delete.

Wife on the board.

She shot this deer with a 308 broadside at 20 yards. It was still alive 2 hours later and things "got a little western" when I was trying to finish it off.
That bullet went straight through and never touched the heart or lungs. That dark red spot was the entrance and the exit was in the exact same spot on the other side. I have seen a pile of deer get shot over the years and I cant say that I have ever seen a deer hit there and live that long.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Congrats to your wife.....that shot looks perfect if it was a straight thru. I made a similar shot once from a deer stand and the downward angle worked against me, so I try to aim a bit higher when a similar situation occurs. Nice follow-up.

Reactions: mallardsx2

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Seen this guy Friday night but he stayed wisely out of range. He wasn’t so lucky this morning. Too gusty here to climb trees so I opted for still hunting. Got em at 25 yds, frontal shot from my knees, clipped the heart and took out 1 lung. Exit just behind the opposite front should somehow. Went 50yds. Bummed I didn’t get out west this year for elk but this made up for it!

Attachments

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Seen this guy Friday night but he stayed wisely out of range. He wasn’t so lucky this morning. Too gusty here to climb trees so I opted for still hunting. Got em at 25 yds, frontal shot from my knees, clipped the heart and took out 1 lung. Exit just behind the opposite front should somehow. Went 50yds. Bummed I didn’t get out west this year for elk but this made up for it!
That's awesome to get him off the ground! Congratulations!!