2020 Fishing

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
28 crappie and 4 catfish this weekend. Water temps really cooled things off and shut the fish down.
Yeah, the cold front that rolled through last Friday night really shut things down here. I went out last evening and caught 3 bass, neighbor only caught 4. we can usually catch 30 each in the time we spent out there.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, the cold front that rolled through last Friday night really shut things down here. I went out last evening and caught 3 bass, neighbor only caught 4. we can usually catch 30 each in the time we spent out there.
I havent been out yet with all this craziness works got me on over load

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Got up to 89 today. Water temp up to 74. I was crappie fishing with a gulp minnow and only caught 2 but did ok on bluegill and bass. I normally don't keep bass but our lake manager did a shock last year and said we need to take out every bass that is between 10 and 14 inches.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
My first Canada fishing trip in Ontario has been cancelled due to the present situation, but am still holding out hope for the fly-in trip further north in mid June. I can always fish right off my dock once the ice is out.View attachment 30178
Was it a spring fish trip or early summer trip?. I have a fall bear hunt/fishing trip in September hope that this shits figured out by then and we can go

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Was it a spring fish trip or early summer trip?. I have a fall bear hunt/fishing trip in September hope that this shits figured out by then and we can go
We cancelled trip in May ourselves, the resort we stay at hadn't cancelled us yet, but the border is still closed. The fly-in trip is in mid-June, so we will wait and see on that one. As far as this fall....the world could end by then, so I wouldn't sweat it until the time gets closer.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
We cancelled trip in May ourselves, the resort we stay at hadn't cancelled us yet, but the border is still closed. The fly-in trip is in mid-June, so we will wait and see on that one. As far as this fall....the world could end by then, so I wouldn't sweat it until the time gets closer.
I'm hoping that by July sometime we are getting back to "normal" or the new form of it. And we start opening things back up

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I managed a vacation in late march to costa rica that had been planned a year in advance. Almost cancelled but went anyway. Got out and flew home the day they closed the airport.
nice! congrats! glad you made it home ok. some crazy times we are going through.

Reactions: hunter25

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
We went to the east cape in March before covid reared its head. Fishing wasn’t great, but we caught and released a lot of small grouper and kept some Sierra and a dorado right from the beach. Fun trip.

Attachments

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Question for you fisherman. I have a Fenwick 7 1/2' flyrod that is around 60 years old that I bought new. I use it a lot with poppers on my pond for bass, bluegill & crappie. It is looking pretty old, most of the finish is gone and I want to refinish it. I was thinking about spraying it with clear automotive finish. Good....Bad ......or suggestions.