2019 spring bear--Anyone else in the drawing?

The deadline for Oregon spring bear was yesterday. Anybody else now waiting for results? My dad, my uncle, and I are in for a Northeast hunt, and if I draw, I'll plan to take my 10-year-old in the Mentored Youth program. Spring bear is the most "social" of the hunts I look forward to every year, and this could be another fun trip.

QQ

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I'm doing POW this spring. I'd like to try and do a spring bear trip about every other year. This will be my 4th trip and hopefully my first successful outing.

Good luck in Oregon!

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
Building pts for blue mtns, it'll take me another couple years. If you are in good physical condition, spring bear in NE is the 2nd easiest hunt in Oregon (pronghorn #1). Have fun and watch for ticks!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I'm doing POW this spring. I'd like to try and do a spring bear trip about every other year. This will be my 4th trip and hopefully my first successful outing.
Good luck in Oregon!
I've got to keep tabs on this! Sweet.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
these days I no longer hunt the big stinkys, just don't really care for the meat.
but good luck to those of you who do and I am always willing to look at pics!

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
Oregon bear results are out!!!///strike out for me this year,,thought id pull a s w ore as a 2nd choice,but with all the changes and the new electronic system stike out,,not even my 4th choice.

This will permanently dispel any rumor that I might be a trophy hunter, but my son got his first bear this week. We spotted it from about 200 yards, but when it disappeared behind the hill, we sneaked in, and he shot it from 40 yards. Not sure which was better, the way he followed instructions to stalk and then put the bullet squarely through the heart, or the fact that Grandpa and great uncle watched it from across the canyon.

QQ

IMG_20190528_111816873_HDR.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
This will permanently dispel any rumor that I might be a trophy hunter, but my son got his first bear this week. We spotted it from about 200 yards, but when it disappeared behind the hill, we sneaked in, and he shot it from 40 yards. Not sure which was better, the way he followed instructions to stalk and then put the bullet squarely through the heart, or the fact that Grandpa and great uncle watched it from across the canyon.

QQ

View attachment 23544
Beautiful color on that one!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio

QQ

View attachment 23544
True trophy moment!!
Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk