2017 Oregon Draw Results

EOHunter

Jan 26, 2016
Eastern Oregon
Is it to early to start a 2017 Oregon Draw Results post? HAHA. I am guessing they will be out June 16th at 5pm (Mt Time).

I am not expecting too much. The only tag I had a shot at had the tag numbers reduced by 40%. Everything else is less than 1% shot. Depending on how many other kids dropped out of youth hunt eligibility, my girlfriends son has a shot at the youth Hart Mt Antelope tag. He has 11 points this year which only puts a few people ahead of him. If those kids end up being to old this year he might have a shot. Holding out hope!

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Here's what our year for Oregon should look like:

I should draw an Eastern Oregon archery elk tag with my son.

I should draw a Columbia Whitetail tag. Last fall I had my eye on three nice bucks on private.

My daughter should draw her fourth cow elk tag in a row with on an application with my daughter-in-law. My daughter got a cow on the three prior tags she has had.

OTC fall bear hunting should be good on our property.

OTC blacktail tags.

Long shots for our family:

Premium tags

Five applications for sheep.

Three applications for antelope.

Mountain goat.

Micah S

Jan 11, 2016
Sandy Oregon
I think results will be out June 10th. I'm not expecting much. I should draw my 615 tag and get a lot of unsuccessful. Thank God I kill good animals on OTC tags.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
I think results will be out June 10th. I'm not expecting much. I should draw my 615 tag and get a lot of unsuccessful. Thank God I kill good animals on OTC tags.
I'm with you, I seem to do better on OTC hunts than draw hunts these days. I think there is a misconception that just because the area is limited it's better, not always so.

Last edited:

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
I don't have to wait I'm a NR with only 20 points for 2.5% of the tags so that equals 4 USUCS as usual.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Good luck to everyone, I have a chance to draw my deer and antelope tag, but I'm borderline on having enough points. So, we'll wait and see how it goes. My second choice deer and general elk work just fine if I get the old UNSUCCESSFUL notice :) .

EOHunter

Jan 26, 2016
Eastern Oregon
I have revamped my predictions. I am sure I will draw the following:
Mt Emily 2nd Season Bull Tag
Hart Mt. Antelope Tag
Beulah Buck Tag
Lookout Bighorn Sheep
and 2 of the 3 premiums - Just not sure which ones, but hopefully its Mt Emily elk and Beulah deer.

With all those great tags I am going to draw, I don't really care if my GF and her boy draw, I will be too busy hunting for myself!;) They can go along and be my pack mules.

Banger

Nov 19, 2012
Anyone know how to look up your applications randomly assigned 10 digit number? WB?

EOHunter

Jan 26, 2016
Eastern Oregon
They said you could call and check your 10 digit number but it sounded like it doesn't really help because there are hundreds of thousands of different applicants and the number is for all tags of the same species. Combo that with preference points, party hunts and what not then it won't tell you anything unless your number is extremely close. They also said that if a ton of people call for their number then that takes time away from the staff that is conducting the draw, which can move the results out.

Last edited:

EOHunter

Jan 26, 2016
Eastern Oregon
Is anyone else checking 4 or 5 times a day? I could be a lot more productive at work if I wasn't thinking and dreaming about the possibilities. :D

They will probably wait until Friday right when they close so anybody that is pissed off has the weekend to cool down before calling with their complaints!

bghunter

Jun 23, 2015
Granite Bay, CA
Checking one time a day is enough : )

Yesterday when I was trying to log in I got a message that results should be posted by June 20th, possible on Friday but most likely next week. Elk tag should be for me and couple more for my sons.