2017 Nevada Draw Results Coming Soon!!!!!

May 18, 2016
Reno nevada
Well this year my party drew antelope horn shorter tags for 078, 105-107,121. And then my wife goes and draws a rifle bull elk tag in 161-173, with 4 points...... i swear she get all the damn luck in the house when it comes to draw.. but anyway its gonna be a good year again, im huntin... congrats to everyone who drew.

geargrinder

Feb 24, 2015
Dayton, NV
My oldest daughter and I drew archery antelope for 067,078

Youngest daughter drew horns shorter antelope for the same area.

Both of the girls drew junior deer tags for 16.

Velvet muley

May 17, 2015
Nevada
Can't wait to see all the newbies asking for help but not wanting any honey holes. Lol

A little research on this forum alone will answer so many questions. This forum is here to help but come on guys help yourselves and take the time to dig around a little.

Congrats to everyone that drew tags. It's going to be a stellar year for horn growth.
I don't mind helping people.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I don't mind helping people.
Like I said helping folks is what this forum and Eastman's is all about. My point was is that there will a ton of guys coming on the forum with 1 post asking for spots to hunt. It has been a running joke here for years. I still help many myself and am happy to do so. I just like to try and get these same people to stick around on the forum and be apart of it. The usual is these guys go to every forum and shot gun a question and wait for answers.

May 18, 2016
Reno nevada
Like I said helping folks is what this forum and Eastman's is all about. My point was is that there will a ton of guys coming on the forum with 1 post asking for spots to hunt. It has been a running joke here for years. I still help many myself and am happy to do so. I just like to try and get these same people to stick around on the forum and be apart of it. The usual is these guys go to every forum and shot gun a question and wait for answers.
Ha ha good trent thats what i wanna hear you can come hike table with me looking for bulls ha ha.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Ive helped several people on here most have been members for a while but the ones that were new ita way more general info. Think i been helpfull but who knows .

Whats the most help youve gotten or given?

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I have scouted and given very secret hunting areas for folks I can trust. Like you at first I only give general info but once I get to know a member I'll help them on specific areas to hunt in.

I have taken multiple folks hunting that we're outta state and didn't have time to scout. If they are hunting a area I'm in a lot I will take them and help them get an good animal.

I have a soft spot for kids and single parents that need help getting their first animal so I'm much more willing to get my boots dirty for them.

My thought on honey holes is if I can only hunt it every 5-10 years I'll give the location if I trust that person not to blab it to everyone. That kind of time between when I can hunt it there will be animals in there pretty much every time.

luckynv

Aug 3, 2014
Henderson, Nv
Drew Buck Antelope 72, and cow depredation tag not sure where or when. When I get the tag I will be hitting you guys up for info any of you may have from previous hunts. Congrats to all that drew and I am contributing to point creep on all the others that I submitted for. Good luck and God bless

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I have scouted and given very secret hunting areas for folks I can trust. Like you at first I only give general info but once I get to know a member I'll help them on specific areas to hunt in.

I have taken multiple folks hunting that we're outta state and didn't have time to scout. If they are hunting a area I'm in a lot I will take them and help them get an good animal.

I have a soft spot for kids and single parents that need help getting their first animal so I'm much more willing to get my boots dirty for them.

My thought on honey holes is if I can only hunt it every 5-10 years I'll give the location if I trust that person not to blab it to everyone. That kind of time between when I can hunt it there will be animals in there pretty much every time.
I know i felt bad last year when i realized that i had just spent a week in the area of your wifes bull tag and wasn't able to share the 2 bigger bulls we had seen because her hunt just ended.
The best help i think i gave somebody wasn't even in Nevada, started out talking about a nevada bull tag and ended up giving him contact info for a rancher for an Oregon sheep hunt that same year.