2017 Kicking into gear.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Well, our first split is over here in Wyoming. Got a nice push of teal right before season and then some weather shoved them out, the greenwingers are still around though. That weather did bring us some fresh arrivals but not many. With some downtime for the next few days it's time to get serious and get the gear fine tuned and dialed in for the real hunting that is to come. Expecting the hunting to really pick up sometime around Thanksgiving but we will see. Keep us all posted on here as to what your seeing and how your hunts are going.

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
Lots of pintails migrated through north eastern nebraska yesterday. Seen a few groups of green wingers too. Ended with a limit of wood duck teal mix

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I've had different results with the hot hands. Haven't tried them in waders but will give that a shot.

Thanks

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I received some Thermacell Proflex heated insoles as a gift last year. If it ever gets cold, I'm pretty excited to try them out!
I would love to hear how they work out for you. I've been eyeballing some heated socks.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Time for an update...

Scott, Dan Pickar and I hit up the second split opener last Saturday, in a word... SLOW! We killed a single limit of mixed birds; Goose, Mallards, teal, Gadwall & Pintail. The weather was too nice and the birds just loafed all day never really moving with purpose. The ducks we did scratch down decoyed well, in fact the mallards were almost too close!

As for what I've seen this week so far? We've had cold nighttime temps with a bit of North wind and on my way into work this morning there were definitely fresh birds in the spots I check. Not a bunch but some. This weekend could be excellent.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Time for an update...

Scott, Dan Pickar and I hit up the second split opener last Saturday, in a word... SLOW! We killed a single limit of mixed birds; Goose, Mallards, teal, Gadwall & Pintail. The weather was too nice and the birds just loafed all day never really moving with purpose. The ducks we did scratch down decoyed well, in fact the mallards were almost too close!

As for what I've seen this week so far? We've had cold nighttime temps with a bit of North wind and on my way into work this morning there were definitely fresh birds in the spots I check. Not a bunch but some. This weekend could be excellent.
Are we going out?

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Storm is coming in. Should get to you guys around Tuesday or Wednesday. This storm should stir things up.