2016 Shed Season

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Early here too... Saw only 1 buck today sporting horns and it was a muley....
Got my a$$ kicked today. Haven't had a day this bad in years. Thinking/hoping just too much snow.5 hrs. 7.92 miles on the fitbit..... zero sheds

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TimberJunkie

Feb 13, 2015
Central Point, OR
Early here too... Saw only 1 buck today sporting horns and it was a muley....
Got my a$$ kicked today. Haven't had a day this bad in years. Thinking/hoping just too much snow.5 hrs. 7.92 miles on the fitbit..... zero sheds

I've proudly worn those shoes before. I know 1 day I covered 13 miles looking for sheds and came back with nothing. But on the bright side, be glad you can walk 7.92 miles in the woods, not many people can say that. Nice day anyways...

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
found all three of this guys within twenty feet of each other. Never did find the right side. Will be back there in a month after they are all dropped.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I'm pretty terrible at finding sheds, so I was pretty surprised to find this one on new years eve, in the dark.... I basically tripped over it, on a death march 5 miles out of a flooded reservoir, when our boat broke down at dark.
shed.jpg

Not 100% sure those ducks were worth that hike out through miles flooded fields and woods... and roads.
truman ducks.jpg

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
Yeah, that's back home in NV. I'm in a new spot in CO. Don't know where they winter close to me.
I've seen groups of bulls in south park the last few times we've been driving through to go skiing. That's not too far from you. There's a SWA off of 9 that I think would be a good place to check for sheds. Need to do that sometime...

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
South park always has bulls and people. That SWA isn't a bad idea. Didn't see any sign when I was in there a lil over a month ago though. Just need to get out. Figured I might try and shoot some dogs and check out thirtynine mile and black.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
dog and I had a good day today, lots of lop sided deer walking around! antler.jpg
dog wouldn't sit stillbonedog.jpg
max had to stay home, he enjoys chasing the actual deer to much max.jpg
found one almost exactly like this one with the nice kicker a few years ago, same side too.deer kick.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Nice work Ivorytip... impressive. It's been slow going over here... keeping my chin up. Fully aware I'll only find a couple a day the way I'm being impatient for the snow to melt... found 1 on my lunch hr.
17 miles 13 hrs 7 sheds... WAY behind.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
they are dropping way early this year, last few years they weren't really dropping until march around here, give or take a few but seems like I'm glassing many bucks with red heads already, been nice cuz I'm not dealing with the typical antler hunters yet.