2015 trail cam pics

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
Couple prospects hanging out at the mineral right in front of my stand. Have to see how big they end up being. Possibly shooters for archery season.

He will make 5x5 if that G2 splits

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
How do you get elk on trail cam in the middle of timber? I mean, what are you setting up on? Water, main trail?
This particular spot is a main trail on a dominant ridge between two major drainages. It is a low pass on the ridge and elk use it to travel from one drainage to the other.

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
Got one coming along ok for taking with the bow, probably let him walk with the gun. Lots of players on the JV team this year.

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
IMG_0075.jpgIMG_0071.jpgPulled my cams out yesterday. Bear and elk were only new animals, rest were photos of animals filmed earlier. Lot of smoke due to area surrounded by fires and a small fire actually inside the unit. I did spot a herd of 60 to70 elk with about a dozen bulls, all spikes except one fork. Also spotted two 4x3 mule deer, both shooters, with a spike and two forks. If hot dry weather doesn't break soon, it may be a poor year. Too bad, everything had a great spring and early summer.