2015 elk succes thread

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
And I thought I had the elk hunting bug before. Congratulations to all who posted. Maybe there should be a Nonresident thread that has pictures and how many preference points it took to draw the hunt. Kinda giving hope to the people who live in the east who are just starting to hunt the western states. Hopefully hunting Colorado for elk in 2017.
MITM,
Plenty of non point requiring half decent hunts in Colorado OTC and tags off the leftover list......don't wait on the points...get out and go hunting!! Just my 2 sense.

maninthemaze

Apr 4, 2016
Kentucky
MITM,
Plenty of non point requiring half decent hunts in Colorado OTC and tags off the leftover list......don't wait on the points...get out and go hunting!! Just my 2 sense.
Absolutely!!!! Me and my brother are headed to Wyoming for muley's and pronghorn this year. Next year we are planning on elk hunting in Colorado. I was just looking at all those monster bulls and thinking, I wonder what area and how many preference point did it take to draw that unit. Either way, in 2017 I'll be hunting elk, somewhere.

Last edited: