2015 elk succes thread

jonnyelk

Mar 26, 2015
muzzle1.jpgIMG_0266.jpg
Colorado unit 76 muzzle loading took 8points, hunting buddy took this elk 1rst rifle with no points. big bulls still live in co

pre6422hornet

Nov 16, 2014
New Mexico 100% DIY Pecos Wilderness. 7.5 mile pack out on our backs! We walked in 5 miles and set up camp, then shot this guy after a 3 hour game of cat and mouse in the black timber chasing a huge 6x6. We started cow calling and this guy came running up to 30 yards. Shot him and he tipped over 30 yards later. As I walked up to him a 5x5 came trotting down to investigate. It was awesome. 38 miles hiked in 3.5 days. Worth every aching muscle....

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
While I did not get a elk my wife was able to fill this freezer to the top with a very good Colorado bull.

Like Scott at the moment this is the best pic I can share but it does show the best part of elk hunting! The first 3 steaks that came off the bull - well my 1 yr and 3 year old daughters ate them so fast I had to give them each part of mine lol...

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
Well I filled my MT tag on opening day, and also helped a friend tag his first elk. Both were shot minutes after legal shooting light and only 100 yards apart. It was pretty cool, I will post the full story later.