2014 trail cam pics

2nasty4u

Mar 27, 2014
nd
Great pics, man I need to make a trip to hunt whitetails. Looks like for now he is coming by consistently.
yeah we'll see if that lasts, never seems to work out that way once season starts. still fun to see what's out there though I guess.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Good looking deer. Another year and he could be real nice.
It is hard to judge this deer's age from these photos but my guess would be 4+ years old. I am guessing this based on the elongated nose and the blocks chest when viewed from the front. Antler development is good in ND but its not Iowa or Illinios. I guess I'm saying up there that is a shooter on opening morning IMO. I may be wrong?

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
It is hard to judge this deer's age from these photos but my guess would be 4+ years old. I am guessing this based on the elongated nose and the blocks chest when viewed from the front. Antler development is good in ND but its not Iowa or Illinios. I guess I'm saying up there that is a shooter on opening morning IMO. I may be wrong?
It's also a summer picture where body size (summer coat) can be deceiving. I would tend to agree with the 4 year old statement. Generally speaking, the rack says 3 year old in KY.....but you can never really go by head gear. Its all in the body and face. I'd like to see a better shot of the length of his legs and other deer around him.

Nice buck!!!

2nasty4u

Mar 27, 2014
nd
He's not a whopper by any means but if I had a shot on him opening day in full velvet I would be singing arrows. I've always wanted one in velvet but Just have never got it done. We'll see what happens come August 29th.

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
Is this your first picture of this deer? I'm wondering if you got a pic of him last year, or prior years, because he would be easy to spot with that nose. Awesome buck man, hope you get to put a tag on him!!!!
Funny you should ask. I preferred the 2012 version.

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Funny you should ask. I preferred the 2012 version.
Ha.....I thought the first picture showed he had like a cleft nose or something, but upon further review (its football season folks), that was his tongue. He has came downhill since 2012 huh! He was a stud then, and is still a very awesome buck this year. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Great deer guys, always neat to see.

Last year and this year's trail cam pics of the one I got yesterday with my muzzle loader. I think he must have injured himself last year, he had a goofy rack that resulted in us naming him Goofy.

PRMS0073.jpgPICT0743.jpg