2013 Montana Moose Sheep and Goat results online

HeartElk1

Mar 30, 2011
Nothing. Clearly Obama, NSA, and probably the IRS must be unfairly targeting us Eastmans' Montana forum members again this year. ;)

Honestly, I can't complain though. I somehow managed to draw a great MT mule deer permit in the earlier draw that will keep me plenty busy this fall.

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
It can happen, hoshour.

My hunting partner drew the only mountain goat tag in an excellent district with 0 points a few years back.

Somebody has to draw.

adamjcook

Jun 6, 2013
Helena, MT
Nine years in a row, perfect 0-3. My cousin got a ewe tag, and the wife of a friend of mine got a mountain goat tag, so it should be at least an interesting fall.

hoshour

Veteran member
It can happen, hoshour.

My hunting partner drew the only mountain goat tag in an excellent district with 0 points a few years back.

Somebody has to draw.
Yeah, I've actually been struck by lightning once before in the draw. In 1984, I had just moved to CO and put in for mountain goat and got drawn the first year.

They had a mandatory orientation meeting and everyone at my table was talking about putting in for 10, 15 ...17 years. I didn't say a word. I didn't think I'd make it out alive.

I took a nice billy on the first day, shot him at 40 yards at about 13,000 feet and carried him not too far downhill to the truck. For all the talk about mountain goat hunting being about death-defying clinging to the sides of rock cliffs, it was probably the easiest hunt I ever had.

gschuer

Apr 20, 2011
Guess I got lucky. Really was hoping for a sheep or goat tag but drew a Shiras Moose tag in 325. Don't know much about moose hunting other than I would love to get one. Probably end up hiring a guide since its a special tag and don't much about the area or moose in general.
Any recommendations on the unit or guides for the Anaconda area? There was two listed on the fish and game site don't know if those are the only two options or not. They were Centennial and Jakes Horses. Any experience with either?