2012 Antelope.... Son's first goat.

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
We just wrapped up our Wyoming hunt and had a blast ! It was my son's first time to hunt the state, he's 14 and we've been saving points. We are on the road, so I will post more pics and a story latter but wanted to show you all his bomber buck...... quite a first Antelope........

Matt's 2.jpgMatt's.jpg

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
That is one dandy buck. He has great mass, shape, and is just flat out pretty! Good on you and your boy. What did he use?
He shot my .270, which I don't think he plans on giving back! He also shot his first Elk (cow). We are driving home tonight, I promise a story of the hunt will follow. Until then... here is his cow (sorry it is a little bloody it was getting dark fast and I had to rush the pictures a bit), my Antelope (can't brag next to his), and my cow. I was shooting my pre 64 model 70, .264

IMG_0030.jpgChad's.jpgChad's Cow.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
We hung out a day waiting for our meat to freeze, so to pass the time we bought a Daily Upland bird license and did some Sage Grouse hunting with a 'friend of a friend and his dog'. Shot two each! All and all, an incredible hunt. It surpassed my wildest dreams. I dropped his Antelope off with Dan Harring in Thermopolis to get it mounted. HE called tonight and said he scored it and it gorssed 83 3/8", net 82 7/8". Unbelievable.... he tells me, "Dad, you get dibbs on the next 80" Goat! Little twerp... haha. My buck scored a meeger 76 7/8". I could not have wished for a better time with my son.
IMG_0651.jpg

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
We also took shotguns for our Wyoming hunt in case we saw some sage grouse. But, we never saw any birds in the area we were hunting, so we went fishing on the Platte river instead and caught lots of rainbows and some browns.

Nebraska Outlander

Sep 6, 2011
Holly COW!!! You guys won't have to buy any meat for a while, you guys have enough freezer space??? That is awesome and congrats on getting to show your kid a good sport!!

Nebraska Outlander