200" 2nd Rifle Colorado buck

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I had a great deer hunt last week in Colorado. I had to make a tough hunting decision last Monday during a 2nd rifle Mule deer hunt; that morning found me watching a bedded 180"+ buck at 350 yards all morning before I decided not to shoot him. I knew there were some really big deer in the unit from my summer scouting, and I had decided I wanted one of the big boys or bust. I happened to have phone service where I was so I called my brother in law to try and sneak over and get a shot. Long story short, he had to cross an opening to try and get a decent shot angle on the deer and the deer saw him and blew out of there. I was sick, second guessing myself for not having shot him...I had major remorse and kind of felt like I was going to puke. That afternoon we decided to hunt our way back to the truck, I tried to talk my BIL into walking down the ridge that came out about a half mile and 1800' above the truck...him and our other buddy that was with us decided they were to tired and didn't want to have to drop down the mountain in the dark (it is really steep). I decided I would go ahead and work my way down the ridge, about 20 minutes before dark I spotted one of the big deer we had scouted over the summer bedded at the top on the edge of the timber. One shot and he never got out of his bed. my best Muley to date, he scored a hair over 200" gross.
IMG_2311.jpg
IMG_2343.jpg

Mtpackmule

Dec 29, 2015
That how u hunt stick too it u never know what u will come across. Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Congrats on a great buck. I always hunt all the way back to the truck no matter how tired I may be, you never know when you might get a chance at a buck like that.