2 pt record

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Anyone know of the mule deer record for a two point frame? I know I've seen something on it before but can't find it.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Here are a couple of pictures of the 2 x2 mount I have.

Forked Horn #2.jpgForked Horn #3.jpg

I shot this buck in 1969 in California's High Sierra not to far from Mammoth Mountain. He was with 2 other bucks as big as him. They ran into a thicket of brush and I shot the first one to come out. I never knew he was a 2x2 until I walked up to him. Made a really great mount. They called this type of buck a "Pacific Buck" according to the taxi I used.

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Years ago at a bar in Green River, Utah they had just the rack of a 2pt that had a 38" spread. It was shot in the early 60's on a island in the Green River south of the town. It was really impressive to look at.

I have also seen some huge 2pts in my hunting career. Most of them have been seen in areas that had antler point restrictions where you couldn't shoot them.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL

View attachment 21348View attachment 21349

I shot this buck in 1969 in California's High Sierra not to far from Mammoth Mountain. He was with 2 other bucks as big as him. They ran into a thicket of brush and I shot the first one to come out. I never knew he was a 2x2 until I walked up to him. Made a really great mount. They called this type of buck a "Pacific Buck" according to the taxi I used.
Looks like a 3x3...

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon

View attachment 21348View attachment 21349

As a youth, I lived in Humboldt Co. Calif. They were referred to as Pacific Forks there. We hunted a mt. range known as the Trinity Alps and those big forks were not uncommon. Nice buck....

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
I saw 2 big forked horns,plus one I missed taken during archery hunt on the Kiabab.All big racked and big bodied bucks.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Many years ago, I was talking with a biologist who specialized in deer in California. He told me that most of these big forked horns were older bucks who were getting near the end of their lifespan and started "reverting back" in their antlers. I am sure individuals genes play a big part also. The one I took was really a big bodied buck, I got around 160# of meat from him as I remember. I've seen a couple here in Colorado too, so it's not just a local happening.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
If the G&F has a 3 point minimum on one side antler restriction in place, and you shoot a buck that has an eye guard/brow tine, a main beam, and G2. Does that eye guard/brow tine according to the G&F not count as a point? Yes it does.