10mm

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Curios as to opinion of the Glock 20 in 10mm
Light to carry and capable of getting of a few rds off if needed unlike a magnum which is also much heavier.
Thanks for helping me direct my tax return. 😃

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
Think one might be nice for wolf/black bear, 2 legged protection, and just a fun toy to shoot as well.

Not sure about for grizzly? not sure how many rounds one could really get off at a charging grizz...

I don't have 1 though, but have thought about it.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Seems to be a popular round with descent stopping power before getting into the heavy framed mags,,, which would not be fun to carry on a hunt.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
The Buffalo Bore 10mm outdoorsman load with a 220 hard cast bullet is designed for 36" of penetration they say. I carry their 200 gr. offering in my 40 for woods carry.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
My 10mm is a Colt Delta Elite that's magna-ported. I have a bunch of 200gr. hardcasts that I use for a "tent gun" and when I hike. I generally carry a spare magazine or two. I never carry a handgun when I hunt because my rifle is powerful enough.

Never have had to use it on a bear but it sure makes me feel good carrying it. I bet the Glock would be great!

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I've got the Glock 29, it's a decent gun. I load it with buffalo bore 220 grain hard casts when I carry it in the mountains. Buffalo Bore says it's hitting with 703 ft lbs, which is probably enough to kill something.. Granted, it's not putting out the 1,189 that the hard cast .44 mags do, but my G29 is a heck of a lot easier to carry than a Ruger Blackhawk.

It's an okay gun to target practice with... But, 10mm bullets are kinda expensive, compared to your 9mm's, 40's, etc. So I really don't shoot mine often. I do load it with buffalo bores 180gr hollow points, for personal protection.

Tim Hughes

Jan 31, 2012
Sonoma County
I am a huge fan of the 10mm. I have a Glock G40 MOS that I bought for hog hunting with my dogs. I mounted a Vortex Venom red dot on it. It is very accurate and quick to come on target. I have taken a couple of hogs with it and couldn't be happier so far. I would still love to get a Colt Delta Elite for off duty carry.

Jrod

Jan 30, 2012
Livermore, CA
Underrated bullet for sure. Not terribly popular so there aren't a myriad of bullet sizes and design but way better than a 9 or 40. In my opinion but we all know what opinions are like...

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Was wondering if someone could weigh their 10mm so I could compare it to my .44 mag. Just curious how much extra I'm carrying.

Vikingload

Jun 12, 2015
Powell WY
I have the ruler Blackhawk 44 and a kimber tle 10mm and the kimber feels lighter and carries better. I now use the kimber over my wheel gun every time and it is worth the switch. So my kimber is 39 ounces and my 44 is 45 ounces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Thanks guys! My 44 is about 39oz so a 10mm might not gain me much but that doesn't mean I still didn't need one!! Maybe .44 for grizz country and 10 for b.bear country? Dang zpooch that thing is light!!

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
My 44 mag is about 32oz unloaded, it's a handful with 300 gr. bear loads, but very comforting to have around. It's fairly short barreled and ported, I am convinced the noise of the thing going off will turn a bear...

Reactions: HuskyMusky

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I do know the Glock 10 mm in single stack is much lighter from what I remember. I may have stated wrong model number in my original post.

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
Thanks guys! My 44 is about 39oz so a 10mm might not gain me much but that doesn't mean I still didn't need one!! Maybe .44 for grizz country and 10 for b.bear country? Dang zpooch that thing is light!!
Yeah it's nice to carry, miserable to shoot. S&W 329PD

lostriverproductions

Dec 27, 2011
Goshen IN
I would go glock 40, thats what I plan to go with. Bigger then the 20 (6" barrel), but they took weight out of the slide so its actually 2.56oz lighter then the G20 unloaded. You will get a little more velocity with the longer barrel.

About Eastmans'

• Eastmans’ is a three generation media based hunting company whose goal is to promote the pursuit of elk hunting, deer hunting and all western big game. Our mission is to educate and entertain along the lines of bowhunting and rifle hunting to provide sportsmen with the most up-to-date tactics, hunting gear and hunting area research for both archery hunting and rifle hunting in the West.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Follow us on Facebook