Results!!!

Ilovethewest

Jul 11, 2012
Wisconsin
we applied as first choice. as I mentioned before, time constraints and season timing kind of dictated the type of hunt I can go on. sept or nov doesn't work well this year. October does, so that works well for a Region C deer hunt. They must have cut tags back again or more people applied. For years region C never sold out. Good thing we decided to apply this year instead of waiting for leftover tags, which we usually do. In the Wyoming mrs section it was talked about how Wyoming is cutting back deer tags, and they have been for the last couple of years in region C......so we decided to apply this year. good choice on our part.

have not looked at the leftover list, but I am sure there is somewhere you can go to hunt deer. Montana?? if you can stomach 550 bucks for deer or 800 for elk, I am sure there are tags somewhere to buy.

Good Luck!

In God We Trust

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Colorado
Points for me this year. I am going to buy leftover doe tags for myself and the wife for unit 9 and hunt walk in areas this fall for a fun hunt.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
we applied as first choice. as I mentioned before, time constraints and season timing kind of dictated the type of hunt I can go on. sept or nov doesn't work well this year. October does, so that works well for a Region C deer hunt. They must have cut tags back again or more people applied. For years region C never sold out. Good thing we decided to apply this year instead of waiting for leftover tags, which we usually do. In the Wyoming mrs section it was talked about how Wyoming is cutting back deer tags, and they have been for the last couple of years in region C......so we decided to apply this year. good choice on our part.

have not looked at the leftover list, but I am sure there is somewhere you can go to hunt deer. Montana?? if you can stomach 550 bucks for deer or 800 for elk, I am sure there are tags somewhere to buy.

Good Luck!
I looked and they did cut region C tags this year and last year too. Cut by 900 tags in the last 2 years if I remember right? Even last year everyone that applied drew C 2nd choice. this year C was 3 to 1 2nd choice. I wanted C because I found a private ranch to hunt in C/16 antelope due to last minute very poor planning on a doe/fawn left over tag hunt/scouting trip to 16 last year when I was antelope hunting. I wasnt willing to burn my points for it but a C deer tag would of went nicely with the 16 antelope tag that I did draw 2nd choice. Think I will get another leftover doe/fawn antelope tag to go with the antelope tag I drew and do some scouting for deer while Im there. As for MT I have had some great times hunting deer in eastern MT but I havent been able to stomach it since they raised their prices. Kinda disappointed I probably wont be hunting deer this year but atleast I have an antelope tag for WY, a general elk tag here in WA, a wolf tag in Idaho and I can always get a general deer or elk tag for Idaho. As long as I can hunt something somewhere Im happy:)

Aught6Fan

Feb 25, 2013
Eastern WA
So, when I enter my information the WY website keeps giving me a message about my info is not in the system ... am I right in guessing I wasn't drawn? :confused:

Aught6Fan

Feb 25, 2013
Eastern WA
Went back and reentered it (they only used my first initial) and it says I was unsuccessful. Looks like I didn't draw here at home either, so it's OTC for me.