NV - Owyhee Desert

tmitch

Feb 12, 2013
Idaho
Anybody have any information on the NV Owyhee Desert antelope unit 66. I know it is very isolated and vast with very few tags, but it seems to be calling my name. I've killed a handful of good antelope bucks 77-79" in WY and Idaho, but it's time to go for something big in Nevada. Is this a place I can go big??? I have enough points, I could be drawing a tag at any time, and I would like to know a little more about this unit before I list it as an option. Any information is appreciated. Thanks

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
033 and 041-042 will guarantee giants IMO. Big bucks are everywhere in NV, but Sheldon and the lovelock unit will get some big bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
You don't hear it mentioned as one of the top units in the state. Far and away the best two counties in Nevada for B&C antelope are Washoe and Humbolt counties.
I agree. The best bucks I've seen are in these areas. Also the Sheldon's have some bombers too. Probubly better draw odds for you too.

Caseyu

Aug 27, 2012
Reno, NV
033 does has some bombers. But as all you nevadas know there are steroid speed goats all over most of the state. I have spent a ton of time in the north west corner or the state but i will tell you that the two biggest antelope i have ever seen on hoof were on the east state line. But thats all you get. Either way you go. Just get that tag and go have fun.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
033 does has some bombers. But as all you nevadas know there are steroid speed goats all over most of the state. I have spent a ton of time in the north west corner or the state but i will tell you that the two biggest antelope i have ever seen on hoof were on the east state line. But thats all you get. Either way you go. Just get that tag and go have fun.
This, always see 80" bucks, just hard getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk