Thoughts on Browning White/Gran/Feather Lightning

NDguy

Aug 12, 2016
I am looking pretty hard at the Feather Lightning in 16ga.

This will solely be used for hunting upland, no trap. Does anyone have a newer Feather Lightning, White Lightning or Gran Lightning in 16 or 20ga?

What are everyone's thoughts and experiences so far? Thanks everyone!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I second the above statements.

Unless you have a lot of hulls and like to reload I wouldn't personally go with a 16 gauge either. No way would I shoot my .410 if I didn't reload. Couldn't afford to.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

NDguy

Aug 12, 2016
I second the above statements.

Unless you have a lot of hulls and like to reload I wouldn't personally go with a 16 gauge either. No way would I shoot my .410 if I didn't reload. Couldn't afford to.
So if I go with a 20ga I can only go with the White or Feather Lightning. I don’t think the Gran is made in 20ga currently.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Don't sweat it.

I got the cheapest one that they made. The plain jane lightning and all of my friends still think I'm cool.

Well, they like the gun, they still don't like me. lol

• Haha
Reactions: NDguy

NDguy

Aug 12, 2016
Don't sweat it.

I got the cheapest one that they made. The plain jane lightning and all of my friends still think I'm cool.

Well, they like the gun, they still don't like me. lol
I just struggle paying 2k for something with wood that looks like it was cut down from the Lowe's 2x4 department.

The Feather Lightning and Gran Lightning have higher wood grade and it shows.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Once you drop it in the rocks on the RR tracks hunting doves like I did and your wedding ring rubs the bluing off of the side of it, the crying is over and you'll never notice that fancy wood. You'll just look at the scratches every single time you pick it up and smile. lol

NDguy

Aug 12, 2016
Haha for sure. Like I said if I can get the Feather Lightning for near the same price as the White lightning with better wood. I’d reckon I go that route

NDguy

Aug 12, 2016
Why 16ga? I would rather have a 20 ga. Easier to get ammo and you can get the same or better performance with a 3" 20 ga that the 16 ga.

Think I’m snagging, I found one in 20ga with 28” barrels. Should be a gun I’ll have forever and give to the kiddos.