unit 75

mbuh84087

Nov 23, 2011
has anyone hunted wyoming unit 75? we drew and trying to get up there to scout a little would like to know where to start. we have little time to scout and it is a large unit any help will be appreciated. thx guys

Last edited:

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
could be a rough year with moisture...

it's a big unit, antelope are spread throughout, top to bottom, east to west, get off the main roads and/or break out the binos and they'll appear, at first it seemed like the unit had no goats, but they'll pop out after some careful looking.

drive the canyon between shashoni and thermopolis, one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
My girlfriend and I also drew for 75. I hunted it once 4 years ago and took a real heavy 14.5" buck in the steeper area to the North late in the season. I was with a friend who had hunted the area several times before and he was shocked that we couldn't find a better buck. I was real happy with it my first and only antelope though. The drought is worrying me also, I've been waiting a few years to draw and it isn't looking real good. That's hunting though.

Shooter

Feb 22, 2011
Washington
I had a few buddies hunt it last year. They said they were seeing between 100-500 antelope per day. They all killed bucks over 15" they scored 78+, 79+, and 80+. They said it was a lot of fun and that it was really easy.

justinthedoc

Jul 15, 2011
With a little added on, 75s a good area, im my humble opinion most areas in the central, southwest, and south central part of the state hold good size antelope. 73,74, and 75 in my opinion are going and have been going downhill for sometime do to all of the gasification, and oil crap that is goin on in that part of the state. And if anyone thinks that those guys dont carry rifles in there pickups is just in denial. Ive hunted that area since I can remember and my old man before that. Everyone comes on here looking for info and thats great. So heres my info expect to see antelope, expect to see an average buck of 68-72 in B&C (dnt care about SCI). To find a 75+ in antelope your going to have to cover ground. To find a 80+ antelope your going to need to cover more ground and have atleast a week to do it. And remember most of the gasification and oil roads are not public roads, they are private. Know guys who got trespass tickets last year in 75 for traveling on that encana rd. Just my .02

Elkoholic307

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Base of the Bighorns
I just watched Eastmans' antelope bowhunting episode from Central WY... the one where Ryan Hatfield shot his buck in the neck. I'm assuming it was Area 75. As far as Area 75 goes, you won't really need to put much time into scouting. There are goats everywhere... just be aware of what's public and what's private before you go after them.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Guy Eastman's wife drew a 75 tag. You can follow them around.
Elko, I think I mentioned she drew a 125 deer tag also and 121 bull tag too...

Elkoholic307

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Base of the Bighorns
Lol I have better things to do than follow them around. Besides, I don't hunt 75 itself, but close to it. And as for 125, it's a big area with plenty of deer to go around. I'll stick to my own spots :)

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My best advice is get a BLM Map. Even tho they are not always up to date (especially with the drilling stuff), you will have great info on whats private and whats public.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Lol I have better things to do than follow them around. Besides, I don't hunt 75 itself, but close to it. And as for 125, it's a big area with plenty of deer to go around. I'll stick to my own spots :)
Elk,
I wasn't replying with the joke to you. I was to the person who started the thread. You know I wouldn't tell a local that !

justinthedoc

Jul 15, 2011
I would like to be there when they rub the vegetable oil on the horns to make them look bigger, has anyone looked to see if a eastman has a B&C antelope?

justinthedoc

Jul 15, 2011
hey if he admits to doing it, Im just saying. Heck I wonder if crisco. or extra virgin works better? Also the B&C question was just that a question. Can't help it if you get affended by a meer question that I asked. The oil thing had been told to me by Guy himself. In fact when he said they use oil, I seriously thought he was talking motor oil, luckily common sense prevailed, and I assume hes using a cooking, or linseed oil.

Last edited: