Preference Points

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Buying DEA but waiting on moose to see what it is changing to.
IMO, its going to be doubtful you will know much about the moose point situation before the deadline.

That issue is going to be contentious with Residents.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
IMO, its going to be doubtful you will know much about the moose point situation before the deadline.

That issue is going to be contentious with Residents.
I wondered if that would be the case. I'll probably end up buying a point as the deadline gets closer. Thanks

Reactions: BuzzH

fullcurl0

Mar 12, 2011
Out West
Always loved Wyoming, I'd say the prettiest state! I'm a Non Resident, its gonna be hard saying goodbye but at $440.00 for points with almost no chance for a permit ever, I just cant make it work in my pocket book or brain with the looming changes. Someone will have to make up for that money. And believe me, I don't like non-residents getting tags before me in my home zone either, but if we want 1st class Wildlife protection and resource management, someone Gots to Pay! And that i understand.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
I am down to an elk point only finished the deer and lope hunts 3-5 years ago will be in no mans land with 14 Elk . I will burn them next year and be done with Wyoming. Arizona has all I want right here anyway.............BOB!

Reactions: Prerylyon

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've been building WY DEA points since 2014; with some breaks when finances were tight, but am, and always will be, behind in the line. Couple that with 90/10 sure to come to pass, and I'll be cashing out the DA as soon as practical; and be done with those. Will hang on to E as long as I can, even with 90/10; for hopefully a decent hunt when I retire in < 10 yrs. WY is a place I love, but like others have said, I can't make these preference points work financially with what's coming. Will still come out to fish, camp, hunt small game, and once in awhile, if/when I can pull a doe/cow tag.