Anniversary

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
So it’s my wife’s and I 11th wedding anniversary. I went and bought her a .308 in a compact model. I think it’s a great all around cartridge for her, especially in the compact model. She’s a smaller girl, fits her great. She’ll be drawing her bear tag next year and it’ll be great. I think I’m just a bit more excited than she is though! Oh well…..if she don’t like it, I’m sure one of my boys will take it.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If you don't reload you need to keep a eye out for reduced 308 loads. They are out there but like most ammo they are unicorns.

But getting the better half a rifle for a anniversary???? Birthday or Christmas but a anniversary present. Sounds like she just may be a keeper if she doesn't use it on you.

Congrats.

Reactions: Muley bound

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
If you don't reload you need to keep a eye out for reduced 308 loads. They are out there but like most ammo they are unicorns.

But getting the better half a rifle for a anniversary???? Birthday or Christmas but a anniversary present. Sounds like she just may be a keeper if she doesn't use it on you.

Congrats.
Hahaha, after 11 years of marriage, she hasn’t shot me yet…..so I think I’m in the clear! She is a keeper. I bought her first compound bow after a few months of dating. She loves to shoot and hunt, even though she doesn’t have much time for it.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I bought a couple guns for my wife the first year we were married, but would not give her one for an anniversary present. The shotgun that I got her has been pretty much a safe queen, but she has told me several times, "Don't you dare sell that revolver you bought me." That one is a Ruger single six (.22 & .22 magnum). She hasn't shot it for quite a while, but has taken over possession of my Kimber .380 micro. That's OK though, as it let me replace it with a SIG P365 without catching any grief. We will have our 50th anniversary next year, so I suppose that we could commerate that with a Barrett 50!