2022 Fishing thread

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Going to Texas in June for a family trip. Its a place on a nice big lake so bringing my fishing stuff along. Looking at doing another trip to the UP with my dad and brother in September to the same resort we caught all the pike and perch. Try to actually get my little boat out this summer was so busy this year never got it out.

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
Going to Texas in June for a family trip. Its a place on a nice big lake so bringing my fishing stuff along. Looking at doing another trip to the UP with my dad and brother in September to the same resort we caught all the pike and perch. Try to actually get my little boat out this summer was so busy this year never got it out.
What lake? Might be able to tell you what lures work well.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Had the wheelhouse out yesterday in -10 and 30 mph winds ended up with a few walleye and sauger. Fish house was blown in pretty good. Took a little work to break the drift up and get out of that mess. Was worth it though
Wow thats a great day on the ice

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
Lake Palestine
Lake Palestine very nice. The mlf was going to fish that last year but the ice storm happened and they had to go to a different lake. This lake has a lot of timber. For June I would use a Texas rig worm fishing shallow stumps and docks to start any nice shady areas seeing that it will be scorching hot and the Bass will be looking to stay cool during the day. Start early in the morning and go back in the evening. Also creature baits should work well too. You can never go wrong with a lipless crank too. I always go with a purple tint on my worms bring some chartreuse color stuff as well just to try. 1. Texas rig worm/creature bait (purple) 2. Lipless crank (bleeding shad is my favorite color) 3. Bladed jig (bring dark and chartreuse) depending on water clarity. Also You can find a bunch of lake Palestine videos on YouTube

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Got a lot of fishing in during 2020, but work took much of my time in 2021. Looking to turn the 'tide' in my favor this year.
But first, I've got to finish Ohio archery season followed by February coyote season (breeding month here) or as I like to call it the 'yote rut. :)

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Lake Palestine very nice. The mlf was going to fish that last year but the ice storm happened and they had to go to a different lake. This lake has a lot of timber. For June I would use a Texas rig worm fishing shallow stumps and docks to start any nice shady areas seeing that it will be scorching hot and the Bass will be looking to stay cool during the day. Start early in the morning and go back in the evening. Also creature baits should work well too. You can never go wrong with a lipless crank too. I always go with a purple tint on my worms bring some chartreuse color stuff as well just to try. 1. Texas rig worm/creature bait (purple) 2. Lipless crank (bleeding shad is my favorite color) 3. Bladed jig (bring dark and chartreuse) depending on water clarity. Also You can find a bunch of lake Palestine videos on YouTube
Awesone thanks for the tips not sure on the boat access so might be some shore fishing. The resort has some boats but not sure how many. Good crappie lake to then with all the timber?. We are going june 11 is the start and will be there for a week. You live near there?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Drop the lights in those creek channels in that timber at night.....If there are crappies....you'll fill the cooler. Dont forget the bug spray. lol

Reactions: marcusvdk

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
There's also Wipers / White bass (Sand Bass) in there but i fished it in April a few years ago. The locals jig with spoons but we fished it like we do here . Throwing storm wild eye swim baits or trolling the mouth of creeks or over the broken bridge pilings. I lost what i believe to be a 15lber at the boat, could have been the lake record.

Attachments

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
There's also Wipers / White bass (Sand Bass) in there but i fished it in April a few years ago. The locals jig with spoons but we fished it like we do here . Throwing storm wild eye swim baits or trolling the mouth of creeks or over the broken bridge pilings. I lost what i believe to be a 15lber at the boat, could have been the lake record.
;) :LOL: I lost a 16lber at the boat .
that's me story an I r stickin 2 et!

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Been able to sneak out a few times with the family on the hard water and catch some fish and make memories when the weather is too cold to chase bobcat. My kids are 3&5 and really enjoy spending time in the fish house. Im headed to Mille Lacs lake in Central MN this weekend. Hope we can find a few fish! Like others have posted, when Feb. rolls around I prefer to coyote hunt over fishing but we make it work to squeeze both in.

I was blessed with a trophy Walleye this summer and recently got it back. Very pleased with the replica! Good luck fishing to all, tight lines!

Attachments

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Awesome appreciate the tips. The resort has boats so im hoping to get to rent one at least one or two days im there to get out. It is a family trip so they have Waterpark plans and horse back riding on there lists so might be more bank fishing then boat fishing but can't give up a chance to try a new place out and maybe a few new species for me .

Reactions: sleepingbear