Guided Day Trip

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Has anyone on here ever hired a guide for a day or 2 in Colorado, specifically Meeker area? Are there guides/outfitters that do it? Going on our annual trip to colorado this november and since our group is only my dad and I this year Im kicking around the idea of lining up a guide for him.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Look at drop camp hunts. That will be the closest thing to what you are looking for. Typically they set up camp and offer you some pointers for the area they set you up in. True guided hunts are set up for a specific number of days- typically 5 or 7 days but I have seen a few 4 day hunts offered on private land where virtually everyone is filled by that point.

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Look at drop camp hunts. That will be the closest thing to what you are looking for. Typically they set up camp and offer you some pointers for the area they set you up in. True guided hunts are set up for a specific number of days- typically 5 or 7 days but I have seen a few 4 day hunts offered on private land where virtually everyone is filled by that point.
Thanks. Its an annual trip for us so we have our accomodations lined up already. I was just curious if there were guides that would take you hunting for a day or so, without the whole experience if that makes sense.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Most guides and outfitters will want to be in on it for the full hunt and not just a couple of days. You have to figure that is how they make money during the hunts and if they charge you a quarter of the amount that they charge for a hunt they likely will be out the rest of the money that they would of earned for that season.

Reactions: youngbuck2