Wildlife task force, 90-10, etc.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
If you feel like residents of Wyoming don't currently have a ton of opportunity at more tags than they can fill in a year, then your either a fool or the greediest person on plant earth.

I specifically remember when you posted a picture of all of your tags you had in a prior year for the world to see. That was cute. Then you come on here flaunting your bullshit about not enough opportunity for residents. You're so greedy and full of shit it sickens me.

As far as fighting harder, that makes me chuckle. You are fighting so hard for this you took the time to post this bullshit on eastmans forum at 10:00 at night. Get a freaking life bro. Whats next 2:00AM updates? lol
Many want to be updated on these issues, if you think its bullshit feel free to scroll on by and not read it.

Others find value in getting the information and that's part of the reason why I spend my annual leave days/days off attending things like this.

Nobody is forcing you to respond or read any of it.

I was also sharing information about this with Reekers last night pretty late as well...does he need to get a life too?

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
If you feel like residents of Wyoming don't currently have a ton of opportunity at more tags than they can fill in a year, then your either a fool or the greediest person on plant earth.

I specifically remember when you posted a picture of all of your tags you had in a prior year for the world to see. That was cute. Then you come on here flaunting your bullshit about not enough opportunity for residents. You're so greedy and full of shit it sickens me.

As far as fighting harder, that makes me chuckle. You are fighting so hard for this you took the time to post this bullshit on eastmans forum at 10:00 at night. Get a freaking life bro. Whats next 2:00AM updates? lol
That’s true too. On Facebook I’ve seen multiple residents post screen shots of their draw results with multiple elk and deer tags. One guy had 7 successful draws, so it seems there is lots of opportunity…

• Wow
Reactions: shootbrownelk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
No no no Buzz.....Dont divert and deflect from you. I am specifically talking about YOU not Scott.

Scott is not a hypocrite bitching about "Limited NR Opportunity" meanwhile posting pictures of all of his tags he has for the world to see.
Scott is not on multiple internet forums spewing a bullshit narrative/agenda all while the world knows that residents of Wyoming are getting more tags than they can possibly fill in a year.

Reactions: Prerylyon

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
That’s true too. On Facebook I’ve seen multiple residents post screen shots of their draw results with multiple elk and deer tags. One guy had 7 successful draws, so it seems there is lots of opportunity…
What tags were they?

Living in WY and taking significant hits to career advancement, earning potential, as well as living in an adverse climate etc. etc. year around for a couple doe pronghorn tags really isn't worth paying that price.

The theme I heard across the room at the task force, is that we all live here for our passion for wildlife, hunting, public lands, and we give up a lot to make that happen.

Residents getting 90% of the quality big-game tags here, IMO, shouldn't even be a question or a debate...period.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
No no no Buzz.....Dont divert and deflect from you. I am specifically talking about YOU not Scott.

Scott is not a hypocrite bitching about "Limited NR Opportunity" meanwhile posting pictures of all of his tags he has for the world to see.
Scott is not on multiple internet forums spewing a bullshit narrative/agenda all while the world knows that residents of Wyoming are getting more tags than they can possibly fill in a year.
Bolded part...care to make a wager on that?...BTDT.

You sound upset?

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
im just concerned about changing the rules to the game,while the game is in play,,i dont think its fair to change when the rules have already been implemented,,,unless wyom game and fish is willing to refund the millions of non res dollars guys have spent on points to play the game with the said rules.personally im glad im not 1 of them.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
im just concerned about changing the rules to the game,while the game is in play,,i dont think its fair to change when the rules have already been implemented,,,unless wyom game and fish is willing to refund the millions of non res dollars guys have spent on points to play the game with the said rules.personally im glad im not 1 of them.
Why would a refund even be considered?

NR and R hunters who have purchased points got exactly what they paid for...points. There was never anything else promised when they purchased them. None have been taken away either.

Life is a gamble, just like purchasing points...and I have a metric chit ton of them including in states that have changed "the rules" 1-4 times since I started applying in them.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I'm booking with an outfitter this fall, for a 2027 hunt - they're booked that far in advance. Currently have a couple elk points, was going to try and squeeze a general tag in the next year or two, but looks like I might need to save the points, and go into the 2027 draw with 8 points just to maybe guarantee a tag.

It's tough to see opportunity as a non resident dwindle, but it's the states game, they can do as they see fit.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
its not right to change the rules in the middle of tag play,,,its like changing the rules to monpoly in the middle of the game,,,those that have spent alot of money building points should not have the rules changed on them,,just saying.they bought points under the idea of the original rules,,,not new rules or many of them wouldnt have even jumped in to the game

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
if the rules are changed,,why wouldnt a refund be fair? thats alot of money that has been spent building points for a chance at a tag.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I'm booking with an outfitter this fall, for a 2027 hunt - they're booked that far in advance. Currently have a couple elk points, was going to try and squeeze a general tag in the next year or two, but looks like I might need to save the points, and go into the 2027 draw with 8 points just to maybe guarantee a tag.

It's tough to see opportunity as a non resident dwindle, but it's the states game, they can do as they see fit.
If 90-10 happened for elk, you'd likely draw a general tag sooner...there would be wayyy more general tags available to NR's.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
if the rules are changed,,why wouldnt a refund be fair? thats alot of money that has been spent building points for a chance at a tag.
Right, and you still have a chance to use your points under 90-10...and you still have your points, not complicated...you weren't buying a tag, you were buying points.

Nobody took anything away...no other way to look at it.

Now, if they issued you a TAG and then took the tag away...different story. But, that's not the case, you paid for points, you received points, and you still have points.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Why would a refund even be considered?

NR and R hunters who have purchased points got exactly what they paid for...points. There was never anything else promised when they purchased them. None have been taken away either.

Life is a gamble, just like purchasing points...and I have a metric chit ton of them including in states that have changed "the rules" 1-4 times since I started applying in them.
Do you also sell used cars BUZZ. You don’t see any bait and switch here?

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Do you also sell used cars BUZZ. You don’t see any bait and switch here?
No...and no.

Not a single NR or R is required to buy points...I do, at my own risk and know full well that the systems change.

MT, CO, AZ, UT have all changed systems since I started applying/buying points.

I don't expect a refund from any of them...and never even thought about.