is NRA doomed ???????????

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Wayne LaPierre has done a lot of damage to the organization over the years. That's a fact.

When they found out he was flying to Italy and spending thousands of dollars on custom suits, they should have walked him out the door.
Always begging for another $10-12 dollars from the working man and then squandering it.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The more transparent a non-profit organization's budget and contributions are the more likely I am to support it. When I worked full time in the non-profit religious world I made it a rule to always look for copies of the budget, if it couldn't be produced then I was leery of working there. As to the NRA, I have mixed feelings as most do, but we will see what happens.

Alan Leone

Jan 19, 2021
Sadly I think they are done as a powerful political voice. They have done a lot of good over the years but it sure looks like corruption or skimming off the top on the political side of the organization has occurred. Hopefully it can restructure itself to be an advocate again but only time will tell if it can survive

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The problem with the NRA is that the Board of Directors is very large and elected by Life Members. I am an Endowment Life Member (have been for almost 60 years) and get to vote for Directors. The NRA management nominates it's candidates and it is really hard for someone not nominated to be elected. The current management needs to go period.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
If the Org hasn't learned yet, they never will. And obviously, they haven't learned a thing. After trashing YETI I quit caring.
the conundrum is , for all their faults they are still the #1 org fighting for the second. who else even comes close to the power they wield??????????

not trying to excuse wayne, I would love to see him gone . just no ready to jump ship yet.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The problem with the NRA is that the Board of Directors is very large and elected by Life Members. I am an Endowment Life Member (have been for almost 60 years) and get to vote for Directors. The NRA management nominates it's candidates and it is really hard for someone not nominated to be elected. The current management needs to go period.
any ideas on how to get that done ?????????

I am just an annual member . I have always shied from the lifer route . mostly because I figured I would have less say once they had my money. I never considered the aspect of getting a vote for directors.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If you wanted to be able to do it you would need to get enough voting members behind you and then head to the convention and rule the roost so to speak.

If enough members actually went to the convention and caused a uproar they would take notice even if all of them were not voting members. Once a lot of people get into these areas of power they forget just how they got there and just who backed them.

Alan Leone

Jan 19, 2021
JimP has it correct. You can't sit back and hope for change, you need to reach out to Life Members and get enough of them to speak up to force a change of the Directors or at least how the NRA has been operating.

Reactions: shootbrownelk