Northwestern elk tag

campwithacook.com

Jun 7, 2011
cottonwood,calif.
WOW.. get to hunt elk in california. could be a once in a lifetime hunt at my age 56. i've killed elk in idaho and colorado but who would have thought california. i also drew x2 mulie tag. it's going to be a year to remember.
LUCKY MIKE:

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
Congrats on your tags Mike. Hope you knock down a big'n. I think at the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to draw an elk tag by the time I'm 56.(I'm 1 point below max :() Did you have max points or were you one of the lucky few?

campwithacook.com

Jun 7, 2011
cottonwood,calif.
Yes i had max points. nothwestern zone takes in all of del norte and humboldt counties. there are three small area hunts also in those two counties, del norte,klamath,and big lagoon. i think i will be close to Orick. can't wait.....

Congrats on the Elk tag, is that the either sex hunt? Have you had a chance yet to find anyone that has hunted it before? Regardless, goodluck on your hunt, that's beautiful country up there, my son went to school up there and I spend quite a bit of time cruising the hills checking out the elk and deer in the area. You'll have a ball

Rock 2.0

May 31, 2012
That is so great campwithacook, congrats! I have done some backpacking out of Orick and loved hearing those bulls bugling in the old growth forests. I am sure you know the area better than myself after scouting and such, but let me know if you have any questions regard the trails leading out of Orick and I will do my best to help!

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Excellent ! I hope you get a nice bull and buck ! I have max pts. for Ca. elk and still haven't drawn.
Got 1st alternate for an antelope hunt this yr. and drew an X12 deer tag. I've already drawn/shot my Ca. bighorn.
Want to get the dang elk and antelope too ! Did you have max pts. for elk ?