When did you kill your first deer?

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Hey guys! Fun question... When did you kill your first deer? And in what state?

Have a good day!

Reactions: go_deep

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Pennsylvania in 1996.
It was a mature doe.

I shot it with my bow at about 10 yards. I didn't know it at the time but my neighbor was about 300 yards away video taping the whole thing. He didn't even know I was in the tree and wondered why the deer took off running. I often wondered where the footage ended up. lol I have a Polaroid of mine lying around somewhere.

When I got down out of the treestand he came driving his blazer across the field and helped me and my dad track the deer.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I was 15 and hunting with my brother in law in Utah. I had watched what I thought was a deer for hours. My brother in law would look at it through his 4x Weaver and say that it was a stump, I would look at it through the scope and couldn't decided.

Then when we decided to leave just before dark I asked him if I could shoot it. He handed me his 30-06 and I shot the stump laying a couple of dead branches down on both sides. I had to go past it on my way back to camp so I hiked over to it to find that it was a 4x4 mule deer deader than dead. That deer had watched us all day and never moved as we watched it.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Eight point Whitetail buck in 1990 in Shugualak Mississippi. Shot with a CVA Blazer muzzle loader. I was 33 years old as I was raised in a family that only coon hunted and there were very few deer in our part of the state. I felt like I graduated college!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
I was 12 in 1978 and went hunting in the big timber up in the mountains with my Dad near home here in western OR. I shot a nice forked horn blacktail right at dark in the rain of course :). I have a polaroid pic somewhere that I took for my 4-h scrap book also! I shot him with the model 70 30.06 that I later was given for my 16th Birthday. Great memories that seem like yesterday!