Jim Shockey

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
View attachment 33231
Personally I believe Ben has it right, there is more broken than just the government.
my tag lines cover it well.

obama said ,"we are no longer a christian nation."

my response is " if that is in fact so, it is impossible for this nation as it exists, to continue ! they ONLY way our constitution works is if it's citizens believe in christian principles !"

don't get me wrong, I am all for freedom of religion . the right for all men to worship as and in what they please , even if it goes against all I believe to be right and true. even when I see it destroying the nation I love , I still would not opt to strip that freedom. but I will speak the truth as I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not naive enough to believe we ever had any politicians who were actually saved but in the past most at least had an understanding in and belief that the principles espoused in the bible were at least logical and good. very few in this nation still believe it is so.

the reason a nation elects evil politicians is because a nation elects what it is!

I am 100% sure what the fix is . it is getting people to accept it that stumps me.

I am sorry if this offends but the first step to fixing a problem is admitting there is a problem.
second step is to admit what that problem is!

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
my tag lines cover it well.

obama said ,"we are no longer a christian nation."

my response is " if that is in fact so, it is impossible for this nation as it exists, to continue ! they ONLY way our constitution works is if it's citizens believe in christian principles !"

don't get me wrong, I am all for freedom of religion . the right for all men to worship as and in what they please , even if it goes against all I believe to be right and true. even when I see it destroying the nation I love , I still would not opt to strip that freedom. but I will speak the truth as I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not naive enough to believe we ever had any politicians who were actually saved but in the past most at least had an understanding in and belief that the principles espoused in the bible were at least logical and good. very few in this nation still believe it is so.

the reason a nation elects evil politicians is because a nation elects what it is!

I am 100% sure what the fix is . it is getting people to accept it that stumps me.

I am sorry if this offends but the first step to fixing a problem is admitting there is a problem.
second step is to admit what that problem is!
I agree 100% as a nation we kicked God out of the public arena leaving a hole that will be filled by something else. If it wasn't so sad it would actually be comical watching these human being trying to develop their own form of morality based on their own "wisdom".

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
IMO, what needs to happen in a big way is pushing quality people to run on a local level. It starts with local politics, if we want to have to stop picking "evils" let's get people we don't consider to be that in office in local politics.
they only part of this I disagree with is where "it starts". what you say needs to happen but it never will until the core reason as to THE WHY it isn't happening now , is addressed.

the reason this nations elect is evil is because people vote what they are ! imho, it starts with the changing of the peoples mindset.

this is how evil is defeated.

Reactions: minn elk chaser

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I know not by whom this quote was first spoken but it is among the truest and wisest words ever spoken by man! it is the most perfect explanation of the loop mankind has repeated since the dawn of our existence.

“From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.”

we are nearing the end of the dependency phase. take heart ............... it may take a thousand years but spiritual faith WILL once again prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: minn elk chaser

Travis Horner

Feb 28, 2020
Powell, WY
I like the direction this is going. However, I think it can be too easy to look at America and our view and pretend we are looking through biblical goggles, but we need to remember as we look at events in our nation, God sees the whole. I don't think God is as interested in the preservation of our American state as we would like to think he is. God's purpose on Earth is that all would see Christ, Repent and Believe on him, and restore man's walk and fellowship with Him so that Man will glorify Him. That is God's will for all the world, not just here in America. We need to remember that America is only a set of ideals, not the standard for all other ideals. God's Word is always the standard. And lets face the facts, America will never be what Christians want it to be, a safe haven for peaceful living. That has never worked out in favor of the faith. Often times, God allows difficult times in the midst of what looks like perfect weather...We also need to remember that every king and leader on Earth is allowed by God, to have authority in that position, to ultimately fulfill God's purpose on the whole Earth. We don't see as well as we think we do. God said in Isaiah "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Lets remember to keep a Godly World view when we start using our faith to defend the American way of life. They (Godly world view & American way of life) are not the same.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I like the direction this is going. However, I think it can be too easy to look at America and our view and pretend we are looking through biblical goggles, but we need to remember as we look at events in our nation, God sees the whole. I don't think God is as interested in the preservation of our American state as we would like to think he is. God's purpose on Earth is that all would see Christ, Repent and Believe on him, and restore man's walk and fellowship with Him so that Man will glorify Him. That is God's will for all the world, not just here in America. We need to remember that America is only a set of ideals, not the standard for all other ideals. God's Word is always the standard. And lets face the facts, America will never be what Christians want it to be, a safe haven for peaceful living. That has never worked out in favor of the faith. Often times, God allows difficult times in the midst of what looks like perfect weather...We also need to remember that every king and leader on Earth is allowed by God, to have authority in that position, to ultimately fulfill God's purpose on the whole Earth. We don't see as well as we think we do. God said in Isaiah "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Lets remember to keep a Godly World view when we start using our faith to defend the American way of life. They (Godly world view & American way of life) are not the same.
this world will never be what christians want it to be . (at least not till the return of Christ anyhow)that's my point .

our ways are definitely not HIS ways. till that changes decline is inevitable. there is one way to reverse it but few ever accept this until they are locked in bondage and despair.

though HE is a GOD of great mercy and patience
HE will NOT let evil run rampant forever without punishment. one need only look at how GOD dealt with Israel and their response to HIM to see the truth of this.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
We sure have strayed away from what the op posted in the first post.

yes and no. the post was about stepping up to promote positive change. coarse of thread merely reflects the WHY there will not /can not BE positive change.

I do agree though thread probably isn't going the way the op or most people expected. if the OP objects I will happily stand down, though it is in my opinion a notion worthy of exploration.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Yep he is an accomplished game violator in Alaska and California.

no doubt that is true .

gr8
I can't really speak to wether he is racist or not. to be honest I can't say I really care either way. how others act is on them ,not me and my skin is NOT thin like most folks nowadays is. I was born white but as steve martin did in "the jerk ", I identify as a black man.:D
would only say that in my experience those throwing the card are generally the racists. ;)

Last edited:

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
lol- your comment is the funny aspect here bud. For starters he dated a black woman for some time.
You can hate the man but not his accomplishments. Do a little research and try again. 😉
Nothing racist about this right?

Instead of self-reflecting on his own use of Confederate flag imagery or his own possible racist attitudes, the Motor City Madman is engaging in some deeply misguided whataboutism, writing in a Facebook post that he thinks a statue of Barack Obama and his daughter Malia should be removed.

"This offends me and I'm sure I speak for millions," he wrote on Thursday. "Can we tear this shit down?"

Or this?

Yesterday longtime NRA board member Ted Nugent went further into racist territory than any previous NRA director—including himself. Nugent posted a graphic on his Facebook page featuring photos of Jewish-American leaders who have spoken out in support of gun violence prevention. The accompanying text states that Jews are “really behind gun control” and that they “really hate freedom.” Within hours the Anti-Defamation League denounced Nugent saying that “anti-Semitism has no place in the gun control debate.”

Reactions: taskswap

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Uncle ted for when you want someone EVEN MORE racist than the current occupant. (n)
I imagine this will be taken wrong because rational discussion on a subject like this is impossible. when injected ,it pretty much brings any rational conversation to an end. in my mind, this is exactly why, it is so often brought up, to end discussion that is not going where one wants it to.
this is not MEANT to be offensive, just something to ponder on, since it has been brought up.

is there even such a thing as "more " racist"????????? seriously is there????????????? :unsure: I have always thought one was either racist or they aren't??? in my mind the term is right up there with "reverse" racism. same principle. you either are ,or you are not.
racism is, hating another or group of others because of color of their skin. no doubt much of this still occurs and always will.
personally ,I don't really care who is or isn't . that's just another flaw of man for ya'll to work out in your own lives as I must work out in mine.

in my mind hatred is bad! regardless of the reasons and it is much better for the individuals health and mental well being to let it go then hang onto. for that reason, I generally choose to just pity the fool for their lack of character and pray for their souls.

another honest question , if all these other statues, that are part of our unfortunate history, should be torn down because they are offensive to someone ,why is it wrong to tear down one of barack who is offensive to many ????????? seriously ,aren't you for cleansing the world of offense???????? :unsure:

ARE the jews behind gun control??????????????? I have never thought about it before so..... I honestly have no idea???????? a statement such as that might not be racist if it is true. then again it still could be.............??;).:unsure::D

Last edited: