2020 Fishing

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Do yourself a favor....see the attached link. I am sure you can find them cheaper somewhere online.

1 battery lasts 75 crappies. It comes with two...the downside is that the extra blades are pricey...but its a nice knife.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I do wish they had the trigger on the back of the knife. It isn't super comfortable on your thumb after an hour of using it....but it is convenient.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Got out today for a bit. Caught a nice bass and 2 gills on the lake then wondered down to the stream that comes off the lake. Caught 8 more gills and a rock bass. But next cast I tossed to hard and hit the branch on the other side snagging my line tried to pull it a few times and then was going to cut it but on the second pull broke the tip ending my day. Head home and cut the pole down to the next loop filed it to make it smooth. Now I have a shorter pole lol.318953189631897

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Got out today for a bit. Caught a nice bass and 2 gills on the lake then wondered down to the stream that comes off the lake. Caught 8 more gills and a rock bass. But next cast I tossed to hard and hit the branch on the other side snagging my line tried to pull it a few times and then was going to cut it but on the second pull broke the tip ending my day. Head home and cut the pole down to the next loop filed it to make it smooth. Now I have a shorter pole lol.View attachment 31895View attachment 31896View attachment 31897
Well would have really sucked if you broke your pole and got skunked.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Well would have really sucked if you broke your pole and got skunked.
Very true was a great 2 hours out there. Fish were bitting good we had a rain and cold front go through this weekend. We have been in a drought for the last month or so and in the upper 80s to mid 90s got break into the low 60s monday morning and the rain over the weekend had them on the bit

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
We had a great time on your charter on Lake Superior. I caught a nice 27 inch lake trout and we got 7 keepers. Limit was 15 total. I caught 3.5 fish one was to small to keep. The half a fish was the fish me and my brother were holding. He ate my brothers spoon and few minutes later one of the other line went off. As we reeled in lines seemed crossed so we got them uncrossed and finished reeling in to see the fish coming in with both our spoons in his mouth on opposite sides. Fish was great the first 4ish hours then it slowed down and the waves picked up a lot. Was a rough ride back in.
View attachment 32155View attachment 32156View attachment 32157View attachment 32158View attachment 32159

Reactions: boiler

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Also one of the days on my Upper Peninsula trip we hit a Lake near Baraga Mi and we all caught about 15 perch each from the dock. And my dad got his first ever walleye. We fished a few more lakes no luck.
Two days later we fished in Seney wildlife refuge and caught a few small blue gills.

The next day we hit up a top notch brook trout river that Hemingway wrote about. We worked our way to different access points by two track. After a few different stops we found a nice spot. I cast up stream using my spinner and caught a little 4.5 inch brook trout. Then about 5 mins later my dads line looped up in his reel so he released the line and pulled it out to get the loops out and reel it back in. Well in the process his jig fly went in the river and floated down to a pile of dead fall. Bam he got a bit and caught a nice 11 inch brook trout 32161

Attachments

Scoamy

Sep 23, 2020
Seattle
While fishing famous waters like the Yellowstone or Madison warms the soul, and big fish anywhere are always thrilling, the truth is that the best trout that I've managed to catch was the one from a lake called Mille Lacs Lake nearby my hometown. I've managed to go fishing there thousands of times with my friends either colleagues. The biggest trout that I've caught was weighing about 20lbs which, to be honest fed us really for a long time :))). If you are a beginner, and you want to find out more about fishing, where it is good to fish either what you are supposed to buy for the first time, I can recommend you reading TheNatureInsider's article which helped a lot at the beginning.

Last edited: