Gear That We Love!

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Hey guys! Is there any piece of gear that you have ever owned in your hunting career, that isn't being made anymore? Some times we find a piece of gear that we love so much but get discontinued...

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
I had some Cabelas by Meindhl boots that I loved. Can’t find them anymore. Also thunder head used to make a spinning 3 blade broadhead I liked those a lot

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Back in the 70's I bought a pair of Browning leather waterproof boots that were exceptional. They were insulated with vibrum soles. I wore them for 20 years and had the repaired and resoled 3 or 4 times. They are pretty worn out now....but I still have them. I wear Danners now. The Brownings are on a shelf with all my boots.

I also have a Stetson hat that I bought in the 70's that I still wear and it cannot be replaced....at any price. I have a couple of custom made beaver cowboy hats that I paid over $500.00 apiece. They are great, but don't compare to my old hat.

Last edited:
Reactions: jake

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I had some Cabelas by Meindhl boots that I loved. Can’t find them anymore. Also thunder head used to make a spinning 3 blade broadhead I liked those a lot

The store is in Sidney, Nebraska and from what I heard it was started up by a couple of former Cabela's employees

The nice thing is that they don't have the Cabela's brand on them

Reactions: mallardsx2

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015

I was going to say these. But I guess they do still make them!

Although I really like my new Kenetreks...

Reactions: archeranthony

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho

I was going to say these. But I guess they do still make them!

Although I really like my new Kenetreks...
for the price ,I would hope so.

I once had a pair . they were ok but to be honest I wasn't really all that impressed with them. they didn't hold up any better then the danners I wear now and that are half the price.jmhonmnl

Reactions: mallardsx2

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
Grew up and still live in Nebraska...Cabela's was always my go-to for hunting gear.

I have super wide feet (4E) and a large dome (size 8). Cabela's used to sell 4E boots/shoes and 2XXL hats years ago...but stopped selling 15+ years ago. Sadness.

I still have two pair of Cabela's 4E hunting boots...been nursing them along for years. Dreading the day I have to throw them out.

I did purchase some extra 2XXL hats / caps back in the day. Still going strong.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
I visited my first Cabela’s store in Buda, TX in 2004 and wanted to purchase something I could actually try on. I purchased a quarter zip Legacy Fleece with Windshear and have been wearing it ever since. I ordered their upgraded version about four years ago and hated it. Lost it in Utah on the ride back to camp from a side by side in 2017 and didn’t even go back to look for it. I’m still wearing the thread bare original and would give $150 for a new one just like it.