2020 Fall Plans???

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
What is everyone planning for fall bird hunts? With the Canada/U.S. border closed we know many of you had plans squashed for hunting up north but how has that changed your fall? Are you hunting closer to home and maybe hunting more?

We've got big plans and are hoping that we can pull about half of them off.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I’m planning a turkey hunt in California. I recently purchased 6 acres in the mountains of Ca and have been scouting for deer and bears. I my have stumbled on a turkey track last weekend so if I can get my eyes on some I’ll pick up a tag.

Reactions: THelms

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I’m planning a turkey hunt in California. I recently purchased 6 acres in the mountains of Ca and have been scouting for deer and bears. I my have stumbled on a turkey track last weekend so if I can get my eyes on some I’ll pick up a tag.
Trent,
California doesn’t have turkey tags for turkeys, just a hunting license and upland bird stamp is needed!

Reactions: THelms

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Unless I shoot my bull in the first 2 days of season, I am going to miss the teal opener here. My lab and my 11 year old will be sad but we plan to get after them when I get back. Teal are by far my favorite duck so I concentrate on the pretty hard until most of them leave in late September/early October. I won't waterfowl hunt again until November for geese and big ducks.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
The moment big game season is over I'll be basically camped near corn fields until I limit-out on pheasant.