Weirdest, oddest, creepiest thing you've seen, or heard.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
So I seen a clip for the movie Missing 411: The Hunted. I haven't watched the whole movie, but it's is real life stories of hunters across the USA vanishing, in some cases without a trace of them left behind. Got me thinking that some of you I bet have some stories of crazy, odd, weird, maybe even scary unexplainable encounters while outdoors. Worst think I got is before I knew what a bobcat sounded like as a kid crying out, while duck hunting I thought I was listening to a kid get murdered. Felt like an idiot later when my uncle told me what the noise was.
So let's hear your stories!

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
So, other than the 2 guys above that get an odd funny feeling in their man area everytime they see the Burn, anyone got anything else?
Somebody's good a great story, let's hear it!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Ok so moving on from creepy Bernie and uncle forgetfulness.

I was walking up a trail in Colorado in the backcountry in the dark on time with lightning crashing all around me while I was going back to camp. It was snowing and lightning at the same time. Most of you have experienced this. It kinda sucks....

Then I looked over and there were two eyes crouched down in the bushes next to me about 20 feet away... Then they as quick as I saw them they disappeared...... I am pretty sure it was a small lion. But either way, It freaked me out because I was already on edge from the snow lightning that was occurring all around me. And of course me being me, I dont carry a pistol, so I loaded an arrow in my bow like a little bitch and kept walking down the trail in the dark...lol

I dont get scared in the woods easily, but this had me on edge. I still dont carry a pistol, I dont like the weight. I might get me a derringer one day....lol

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Ok so moving on from creepy Bernie and uncle forgetfulness.

I was walking up a trail in Colorado in the backcountry in the dark on time with lightning crashing all around me while I was going back to camp. It was snowing and lightning at the same time. Most of you have experienced this. It kinda sucks....

Then I looked over and there were two eyes crouched down in the bushes next to me about 20 feet away... Then they as quick as I saw them they disappeared...... I am pretty sure it was a small lion. But either way, It freaked me out because I was already on edge from the snow lightning that was occurring all around me. And of course me being me, I dont carry a pistol, so I loaded an arrow in my bow like a little bitch and kept walking down the trail in the dark...lol

I dont get scared in the woods easily, but this had me on edge. I still dont carry a pistol, I dont like the weight. I might get me a derringer one day....lol
A derriger won,t stop a Chupacabra!!Run Forrest run... 〽💥

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I had bushwacked several miles from a popular hiking trail in a Colorado wilderness area in 2014. I was MZL deer hunting solo, and planned to stay for up to 10 days. I hadn't seen any big critters on the way in, and barely got the tent set up before dark. I was having trouble getting to sleep, and it was really quiet outside....then I heard a rustle. That turned into a large animal moving closer to my tent. Then a loud stick snapped right outside my tent and only a foot away from my head. Then it spoke with a very loud, "MOO".
After changing my underwear, I laughed out loud for a while. The next morning I was surrounded by a herd of cattle.

blacktailhunter

May 17, 2018
Yacolt, WA
the ones that disappear without a trace, definitely bigfoot:D. seriously though, one time I was hiking down a trail I have hiked hundreds of times but this time in the dark. when I decided to turn around I couldn't figure out which direction was back to the truck. I ended up walking in a big circle back to my turn around spot when I thought I was going in a straight line, then found the trail again. hiking in the dark is probably how a lot of guys go missing.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
once came across a dude who had decided to eat a bullet cause his woman left him.

blew my mind ………...not to mention his!!!!!!!!

seems to me hitting the bars and banging yourself into amnesia would be a better choice.

no woman alive is worth suicide.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
was once sleeping in the truck during the elk rut . there was a full moon so it was pretty bright out. something woke me up ,I opened my eyes AND there was a cow elk looking in the window at me. lol .gave me a start.

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
When i was younger i rode my motorcycle across the northern states it was a awesome experience i spent a week in Yellowstone at night id sleep on the ground or on a picnic table after two weeks on the rode i was running low on cash so i headed home to CA i stoped out side of Logan Ut next to a creek for the night as i drove into the camp area i noticed a van with this creepy guy staring at me as i drove past him about a hour later i was eating some food the creepy guy walks into my camp and starts asking me strange questions like am i traveling alone he left my camp and then he got in his van and drove away later that night i was laying on the picnic table trying to sleep when i herd a noise i shined a light toward the bushes theres the creepy guy standing there staring at me thankfully before i left on the trip my dad gave me a 22 revolver i pulled it out from my saddlebag and shot it into the ground to scare him off and it did i picked out my stuff and got the hell out of there i drove to logan found a motel. Had i falling to sleep that night things might of ended up deferent .

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
I found 2 people that had killed themselves in a tent while I was fishing a hard to access stream between Durango and SIlverton in 1999..

They were dead for over 2 years and left a note and whatnot the tent was still up but the bugs had done their job.. Cant believe no one had fished that stream in 2 years it was just amazing fishing. My friend I was with could not believe I would not end the trip right there and hustle out but they had been there 2 years what was a bit more going to hurt and again it was amazing fishing...

SAR told me they both broke half when trying to get them out of the tent.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I found 2 people that had killed themselves in a tent while I was fishing a hard to access stream between Durango and SIlverton in 1999..

They were dead for over 2 years and left a note and whatnot the tent was still up but the bugs had done their job.. Cant believe no one had fished that stream in 2 years it was just amazing fishing. My friend I was with could not believe I would not end the trip right there and hustle out but they had been there 2 years what was a bit more going to hurt and again it was amazing fishing...

SAR told me they both broke half when trying to get them out of the tent.
CoV, You pretty much stopped this thread right there with that post.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Not really all that weird, creepy or odd, but it's stuck with me for many years...

I used to duck hunt a slough that would require about a half mile walk down some railroad tracks to get there. Was walking out on the tracks after a hunt this morning, and came across a very short leash with one end tied to the track, and the other to a dog collar.

I just cannot understand some people.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Not really all that weird, creepy or odd, but it's stuck with me for many years...

I used to duck hunt a slough that would require about a half mile walk down some railroad tracks to get there. Was walking out on the tracks after a hunt this morning, and came across a very short leash with one end tied to the track, and the other to a dog collar.

I think person had to be all the above to do that!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015

Reminds me of the story about a local back in PA that had his pair of beagles attached to the ball of his truck. Got drunk with his buddies after the hunt at the guys house and drove home. That guy was a complete idiot.

$hit like this sickens the hell out of me and makes me very angry. I would have liked to have done him the same way. He died a slow miserable death from lung cancer so he got what was coming to him.

I have NEVER hooked any of my dogs to the truck in any way. EVER.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Reminds me of the story about a local back in PA that had his pair of beagles attached to the ball of his truck. Got drunk with his buddies after the hunt at the guys house and drove home. That guy was a complete idiot.

$hit like this sickens the hell out of me and makes me very angry. I would have liked to have done him the same way. He died a slow miserable death from lung cancer so he got what was coming to him.

I have NEVER hooked any of my dogs to the truck in any way. EVER.
I grew up in PA hunting with beagles and that story really, really upsets me. Damn !!
All dogs deserve better treatment … getting drug behind a truck … DAMN !!!
That's so messed up ...