New wall tent on the way!

jmwyoming

Feb 28, 2013
Lost springs wy
Davis has a winter special on 14x16 tents for a couple hundred off. Just got off the phone from ordering one with every option on it, be here next month.
Excellent choice. I bought one from them about this time last year. 12x14. Dealt with Kyle. I got a door put on the back. I also got a a rain fly that is also my awning. I bought the awning side walls also. I went with a 4 pole section instead of 3. I had a neighbor make me a full zippered door for the front of the awning. We used the area to do all our cooking. Their tents are well made. Great people to deal with. Congratulations, I'm sure you will enjoy it

Reactions: go_deep

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I dealt with Kyle also, he actually ended up saving me a little money on a couple things, which I thought was a statement in not trying to stuck ever dollar out of someone. A lot of things I liked about my old 12x12, just to many times I wished it was a couple foot bigger.

jmwyoming

Feb 28, 2013
Lost springs wy
I dealt with Kyle also, he actually ended up saving me a little money on a couple things, which I thought was a statement in not trying to stuck ever dollar out of someone. A lot of things I liked about my old 12x12, just to many times I wished it was a couple foot bigger.
He did with me as well. Did you get a rain fly?

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Nice. What type of tent did you have before?
It was a custom made tent, someone makes them on the side when farming slows down. Really liked the tent, just wished it was a little bigger when there was more than 2 people, and I never liked the placement of the door. Probably keep it for a few years just in case I can think of a reason to have 2.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
14x16 will give you plenty of room. What type of stove are you using in it?
I'll have a combination of 2 choices.
Propane big buddy.
I got a 4' piece of gas pipe that's 16" across i'm going to make a coal/woodstove out of.

Propane moderate cold, both when it's really cold.

jmwyoming

Feb 28, 2013
Lost springs wy
Nothing like a wood stove for a good dry heat. I run a Colorado cylinder stove, timberline model. Does a great job keeping it warm in there. Well congratulations on your purchase, it should give you many years of service.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Nothing like a wood stove for a good dry heat. I run a Colorado cylinder stove, timberline model. Does a great job keeping it warm in there. Well congratulations on your purchase, it should give you many years of service.
I agree, definitely love the heat a coal or woodstove gives off. I can't use my smaller wood/coal stove in my 12x12 once I got to 3 cots. Ever hunt I went on this year had 3 cots in the tent.
Going to have to do more research before I make mine, but I seen one a couple years ago that was smokeless because of how it's vented. I remember the design the smoke chamber goes from the top back down to the bottom, then back up and somehow by doing that it gets hotter and burns the smoke out completely, still need a chimney. Because of it burning hotter you grey a longer burn time also.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCH

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
nice !congrats! if you don't mind me asking,,,, what did you pay for it?

just asking to get a ballpark ,because I have been considering purchasing a wall tent sometime soon.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
You got an excellent deal! Is it a 4 column frame or 5?
4 column, but I bought all the couplers needed so no pole is longer than 5'. This way I can close my tailgate and close my tonneau cover.
Kind of got lucky, been saving leftover pieces of 1" conduit for about 2 years from different jobs, and I don't think I'll really even need to buy any for the frame.