Antelope success thread

fullcurl0

Mar 12, 2011
Out West
Well, after looking over quite a few antelope in Eastern Montana, got onto this nice buck. Was looking for a big cutter buck and he didn’t disappoint at just under 6”. Most bucks were small in this unit though, and it was a tough 9 days. He’s 15 2/8” tall. Missed him 2 days before and relocated him, stalked into 165 yards while he was asleep and waited for him to stand. Gotta love Montana!

Attachments

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I killed a doe around noon today. took a tumble and messed up both legs , so I was to busy trying to hobble my goat and myself to the truck to think to take pics.
scraped up one shin pretty good and twisted ankle on other leg. hope to be ok by next weekend to continue my cow elk hunt but I don't expect I'LL be doing any 5 mile hikes anytime soon.

thankfully my cow elk hunt doesn't usually require it
Sounds painfull and to do it loading out an animal on top of it

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Sounds painfull and to do it loading out an animal on top of it
ankle still ain't right but it is much better.went scouting for elk this last weekend , still couldn't walk much or get to far from truck but I had my gun just in case

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Congratulations on the successful hunt. That euro mount looks great. My son filled a tag a year ago today in 109. Did not get to make it out this year for a hunt. Thanks to everyone for the photos to hold me till fall 2020 for my return.

BigSexy

Feb 21, 2011
Southeast Nebraska
Filled my first ever antelope tag, and got the doe two days later. I was also hunting a 1/2 irrigated land tag and got some useful information from some people from Oregon that hunted the unit several times on a public road that accessed some BLM behind some private land I had overlooked. An hour later and I was tagged out. Awesome time. I have now convinced my brother in law to start building points.

Attachments