FFP scope?

Barnesc6

Jan 9, 2017
Hey guys
Just purchased a Christiansen Arms Ridgeline 6.5 creedmoor for deer hunting. I?m l looking at scopes now and trying to figure some options- here?s what I?m looking for: MOA turret where I can dial in ranges if I have the luxury of time and the animal isn?t moving much, ability to use hash marks as holdover for quicker shots, would prefer lighter scope- I?ve never owned a FFP but I think I would like to go with it. I don?t like having to go to my max magnification to use holdovers. I?ve been considering Nightforce SHV FFP- little on heavy side... thoughts?

Micah S

Jan 11, 2016
Sandy Oregon
I've been looking for something similar. I think I'll get the nightforce shv of the the new Maven rifle scope that's coming out.

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
Ive been overly impressed with my arken SH-4 FFP so far. HD glass is great and tracks perfectly. I was told they are working on a moa version and when they do release that i plan on buying multiple. the Only thing i personally dont care for is that windage turret dont lock but i can live with that for $300 scope. Maybe even just drill and tap a set screw in to turret since they seem very beefy sidewalls.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I have the Cabela's Covenant "Tactical" FFP. I don't know that I'd recommend this specific one, I think the reticle is overly detailed so it's more mental "work" to pick the right dot for a hold-over. And same as the comment above about the non-locking SH-4 turret: I wish mine locked in some way.

That said, I'm otherwise impressed with it. FFPs in general were a nice enhancement for me. Most of the time I don't even bother with my rangefinder. It's the kind of thing where once you've used it, it's hard to imagine going back...

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
ive got a vortex pst on my 6.5,,its a ffp scope,,only thing I don't like is no tactical screw on caps for protection,,otherwise its a great scope for just under $1000