Alaska caribou

Roundball

May 15, 2015
Ohio unfortunatly
Anyone know of good charter service that would drop my son & me off in Alaska to hunt caribou and fish? Would probably go in 2020' or 2021'. I have some info. mainly from magazines. I've heard some caribou units have declined ? Thanks,dave from ohio

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Brooks Range aviation is a good choice, so is Coyote Air service in Coldfoot. My first choice is almost always 40 Mile Air service in Tok.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Looks like 2022'now; probably go with 40 mi.air.Much homework to do yet!
In all sincerity, good luck to you getting in with 40 mi.
I’d start researching other options because it’s highly unlikely that you will be successful. However, like you, I would continue to try to get in with them as they run a very solid operation but there are other great operators in the same area as stated. You'll have better success getting in elsewhere and can start planning an actual trip.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I found that if you intend to book with the better operations that you need to start your planning 3 to 4 years out. They are usually that popular.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I found that if you intend to book with the better operations that you need to start your planning 3 to 4 years out. They are usually that popular.
agreed. I’ve been researching several Caribou and Moose options and this is the case