Major Forum Updates Coming!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Hey guys, at the start of July we will be seeing some major updates to the forum. The first and most important is that we will no longer be using Tapatalk...the new forum will be MOBILE FRIENDLY!

There will be some changes to the way that ads are served as well, they will be in the same places, but a little bit smaller than what we are looking at currently.

As such we will be launching another Forum Banner update contest, stay tuned!

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Scott,

By 'mobile friendly' do you mean that instead of Tapatalk, we should migrate to using the mobile internet browsers on our smart phones (chrome, safari, etc) or that a dedicated/stand-alone app will be rolled out for Eastmans?

Regards,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Scott,

By 'mobile friendly' do you mean that instead of Tapatalk, we should migrate to using the mobile internet browsers on our smart phones (chrome, safari, etc) or that a dedicated/stand-alone app will be rolled out for Eastmans?

Regards,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
Our forum will be 100% browser based on your phones.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Scott,

Will the new platform help with the rotational issue with the photos?

Seems to be an issue with bringing in photos from the I-phones.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
No I was using my desktop PC.

Sometimes the pictures come in sideways.
That is usually on your end.

I found that you need to orientate the picture correctly and then save it onto the computer before posting it on the forum. If you don't save it right side up then it will post sideways.

However I do have one picture that on one forum that I am on it doesn't matter what I do with it. It will always post sideways.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Even after I orient it correctly on my desktop and save it as a different file name, it still comes out sideways. Not sure why. I normally take a screenshot of a picture and then upload it and that works.