Tick Toc. Waiting for the draw

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
Well I am surprised that the official "When is the draw going to happen" has not started. So I am going to start it off with credit cards getting hit tomorrow.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Last year they started on May 11. This year the WB meeting was 2 or 3 days later than last year so most are predicting 5/14.

And for those that are inexperienced in the Utah CC hits once they start they can go for close to a month before they are done.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I do it the easy way, I just put a notification report on my CC for any charges over $200. They notify me as soon as the charge comes through.

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
These last few days or week or however long before the CC start to get hits can definitely test ones patience. When you do get the CC hits and start to determine what you did or didn't draw for me leads to the planning phase. Where you start to planning out a schedule for scouting, and plan and and request days needed off for work for the hunting season for the tags that I was able to draw. I always like when the application period is ending because it means that much closer to scouting and hunting season. :cool:

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
Ok so should anyone be in contention for pulling a great tag? I have 14 points for deer and I am crossing all my fingers and toes that I pull the BookCliffs. I think I might be in the Max Points next year, but I hope to get lucky and pull it this year. Great moisture and want to try and find a bigg’en. Past that it’s hopes and dreams.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
One the Book Cliffs for north rifle max points is 17pts for 17 permits, south rifle max points is 19 for 4 permits.

Also remember Utah splits the points in half so only 8 permits are available in the north and 2 permits in the south. With the others going to all the rest of the applicants including those who didn't luck out with max points.

So unless you get lucky you have a few more years left before there is any real hope.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
not today,,lets hope its friday for utah,,id be happy with anything,,even gen muzz deer n r of coarse elk or le deer or mtn goat would be awesome,,ya never know.

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
I'm excited to claim my Henry Mtn. Cow bison tag! Just need them to hurry up with the formalities of the draw! Who knows....might luck out out with a few tags. That's why this is the best time of the year, big dreams!

gfontela

Dec 6, 2012
Do all of the credit cards get hit the same day or might some credit cards hit later? Also, do you guys know when they usually release the actual visible results?

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
CC's can be hit anytime from the start of it to a month later. It seams like it just drags on and on. Sometimes you have to wait for the official notification email. Last year I got that email on 5/12