Hunter convicted of illegal wolf kill in Grand Teton National Park

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
ignorance of the law is no excuse.

while I am very happy this wolf is dead, I do not feel any sympathy for ignorant hunters.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Where it happened is definitely easy to get on the wrong side if you aren't staring at onx maps or something... the markers are small posts or plaques on trees and they are not constant or within sight of each other always.. and it is a lot of open country up there especially with all the snow... that being said.. he is a lifelong resident and an outfitter and probably knew better. The antis are up in arms like usual around here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
1 more wolf down is a good thing,,i suppose he should have had a gps and on x chip,,though there are still folks that don't use electronic gadgets like a gps.those markers are hard to see,i was up by spread creek a couple years ago and didn't see them very well.some are there but might be easy to miss,especially w snow in the area.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Where it happened is definitely easy to get on the wrong side if you aren't staring at onx maps or something... the markers are small posts or plaques on trees and they are not constant or within sight of each other always.. and it is a lot of open country up there especially with all the snow... that being said.. he is a lifelong resident and an outfitter and probably knew better. The antis are up in arms like usual around here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I do understand that mistakes happen but I seriously doubt he was unaware of where he was.
even if he did not ,it was a bonehead move and bonehead moves generally come with consequences.
besides , HE was a local guide!!!!!!!! not just any dumb bloke!!!!!!! a guide !

wether he knew better or not , he clearly should have!

another thing for the antis to whine and cry about, just what hunting needs

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
1 more wolf down is a good thing,,i suppose he should have had a gps and on x chip,,though there are still folks that don't use electronic gadgets like a gps.those markers are hard to see,i was up by spread creek a couple years ago and didn't see them very well.some are there but might be easy to miss,especially w snow in the area.
agreed! any dead wolf is a good wolf!!!!

I am one who has never used gps. yet not once HAVE I ever crossed a boundary unaware! nor do I have any respect or sympathy for those who do.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
When a local guide is a half mile with park boundaries I just cant go with that guide. I would never go with a guide anyhow that's why I will never hunt Wyoming wilderness areas. Don't care much for a wolf but I bet that feller knew where he was. If he didn't I feel sorry for the outa staters that have to contract these guides to hunt the wilderness areas they don't know the boundaries of.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
When a local guide is a half mile with park boundaries I just cant go with that guide. I would never go with a guide anyhow that's why I will never hunt Wyoming wilderness areas. Don't care much for a wolf but I bet that feller knew where he was. If he didn't I feel sorry for the outa staters that have to contract these guides to hunt the wilderness areas they don't know the boundaries of.
ding ,ding, ding,we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!