High Country Muleys 19 Who's In?

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Always fun to see who is planning on gettin up high in 2019 to hunt mule deer. It does not matter bow, muzzy, or rifle who thinks they will be in higher elevations come late summer chasing some velvet?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
7-8thousand is elevation where I generally hunt. hard to say yet what I will do this year. still waiting on regs to come out to see what's new and what's gone.

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
I have a ton of preference points for deer and would like to use them on a high country rifle tag. I think I need about 2 more years to have my pick of units. Untill then, I need to get this one on the ground. I have seen him from a distance, the last two years.2017100195124602-1.jpg

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I'm a 4th season advocate. I've hunted 10k feet and above for years and love the country, but I just can't get there anymore at 77 years old. That's why I love 4th season, more in line with my capabilities and lots of opportunity.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I have a ton of preference points for deer and would like to use them on a high country rifle tag. I think I need about 2 more years to have my pick of units. Untill then, I need to get this one on the ground. I have seen him from a distance, the last two years.View attachment 23029
Yeah, we all want you to ground check that guy!!!!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I will be at 10k this fall if I don?t draw one of the Hail Mary tags here in Wyoming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtytough

Feb 15, 2012
Washington
Not sure what state yet. Possibly Wyoming in G with my brother, or Colorado archery or early rifle. Colorado is kind of a gamble this year so not sure what I want to do.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Can't wait! Hoping to relocate either of these two in this basin as they got put on the backburner last year when i found the buck i ended up taking... also have a few others i am hoping to find in a couple other spots... and of course exploring some new country looking for giants

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
First choice muzzy, second archery. My only concern is if they will still be up high with as late of a season that muzzy will be this year. Fingers crossed I guess!

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
Can't wait! Hoping to relocate either of these two in this basin as they got put on the backburner last year when i found the buck i ended up taking... also have a few others i am hoping to find in a couple other spots... and of course exploring some new country looking for giants

The buck on the right, If his left front fork matches his right, would get my attention.

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
I'll be hunting the high country, some alpine, some sub-alpine, high ridges, forested slopes, a bit of everything. One bowl I love to hunt is a series of meadows, sub-alpine forest with lots of openings creeks and tarns. I live directly in the Kootenay Rockies(the Purcell and Selkirk ranges) so every single hunt is a mountain hunt. Weather and time are the two variables that dictate how high I go, day hunts don't typically get over 1800+/- meters(6000ft) while backpack trips will get up to 2200+/- meters(7200ft). Not many of our mountains in this region go over 2500m(8200ft) and at that height there isn't any vegetation.

Our season begins on September 1 with bow(I don't bow hunt) so I hunt upland game birds in the high country until rifle season opens on September 10. By the time I'm hunting big game they aren't typically in velvet anymore.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
He is very identical on both sides. Very minimal deductions side to side

I like the extras on the left one too. That would be a hard call on which one to take. I guess the one that gave the best opportunity would be the one.