WY tag price increases :(

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
The $600 increase for a moose permit was a bit excessive. Supply and demand I guess. Wonder how many guys will decide they are done playing the point game.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
When the Wyoming Legislature took away the funding from the Game and Fish they had to do something to get it back. And raising the tag cost for non residents is one way to do it without ticking off the resident voters. This subject was discussed a lot back when it happened last spring.

It is a simple fact that if you want to hunt out of state you are going to have to deal with the problem of them sticking it to the non residents. For a example take a look at your own state and see what the difference is between resident and non resident tags and licenses are.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
GA increased this year too - then they sent emails saying - come hunt! LOL!

It is inevitable that prices will go up. Less of us will pay to play and those that do pay will pay more.

I'm looking at one more western hunt (first one was 2017) and then try something else. 60+ hours of driving on a 2-week vacation is crazy. Airline luggage fees are even worse.

mustang8

Jan 30, 2017
Central WI
Wisconsin

non res deer bow or gun is $160
non res bear is $251

Come hunt Wisconsin ! Huge bucks around every tree:rolleyes:

Pretty reasonable if you ask me.

mustang8

Jan 30, 2017
Central WI
The biggest thing that pi$$es me off is if they waited until just after the Preference Points had to be paid then they show us that the prices are going up. I would have saved my $.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The biggest thing that pi$$es me off is if they waited until just after the Preference Points had to be paid then they show us that the prices are going up. I would have saved my $.

It was posted and talked about when the increases were passed for the 2018 season this last spring. So this year you got in for the old prices but need to pony up for next year.

I have learned to pay attention to the G&F web sites of the states that I hunt just to be aware of what is going on that might affect me and my hunting plans.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
That is a pretty big increase on antelope. It does not show doe fawn tag on that list. The archery license also increased quite a bit.

Arkansas annual all game license $350.00 includes small game, deer(6 tags), bear(1 tag), spring turkey (2 tags) also includes modern fire arms, muzzleloader, and archery.

5 day all game license $180.00 excludes bear 3 deer tags and small game all methods.
3 day all game license $125.00 excludes bear 2 deer tags and small game.
1 day all game license $55.00 excludes bear 1 deer tag and small game.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
$1,200 for a world class elk tag that only takes 5-7 years to draw seems like a pretty good deal to me. Count me in.

WapitiBob

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
Bend, Orygun
Sheep and moose points went up the max amount; $150 each.
They keep trying trying to weed out the nr suckers that'll never draw but the money keeps rolling in.