4 More days

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
im in,don't have too high of hopes but a elk tag would be nice,,everything else I put in for would probly be more likely to be struck by lightening

EOHunter

Jan 26, 2016
Eastern Oregon
I had high odds of getting my buck tag until they dropped the # of tags by 40%. Oh well it was probably needed. Elk/Antelope/Sheep are all a shot in the dark along with my premium hunt apps.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
OR had a terrible winter on deer in a number of eastern units. So the tag drop is not surprising.

We'll get a couple elk tags and anything else will be about as likely as winning the lottery.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
Blacktails, archery Roosevelt's this year. Unless one of those premium or OIL type tags come up. I think antelope possibly next year. But, I get to take my grandparents elk hunting this year. This is a great feeling for me. Good luck on the draws this year everybody!

ColtonRoss10

May 15, 2017
I am apply for the first time in Oregon today and was hoping to get a little help with which units to apply for. I want to hunt a unit that has potential to kill a big bull bow or rifle. Any suggestions at welcome. Thank you. Im living in Medford.

EOHunter

Jan 26, 2016
Eastern Oregon
I am apply for the first time in Oregon today and was hoping to get a little help with which units to apply for. I want to hunt a unit that has potential to kill a big bull bow or rifle. Any suggestions at welcome. Thank you. Im living in Medford.
You probably asked this question a little late to make a decision on this years draw, however the best thing you can do if you want a big bull unit is to start accumulating points and then just hunt general archery. I am not sure how far you want to travel, but the big bull units I am think of are Mt. Emily, Walla Walla, and Wenaha for big bulls, but they are very hard to draw. Not impossible to draw, but very hard. I know two guys that have had Mt. Emily archery bull tags, one had 0 points and the other had 6. You can hunt areas like Lookout OTC and there is the potential for some big bulls, just a lot of people and a lot of the guys that hunt Lookout are the kind of guy that get out and walk so its tough to get away from people even if you get off the beaten path. I have hunted Lookout and stopped because of the number of people even during the middle of the week (also a lot of private).

That's the best I can give you for Eastern Oregon Advice. I am sure there are places closer to home OTC that can offer as good or better hunting than the eat side for OTC archery hunts. All the OTC rifle hunts over here are spike only.