Mule Deer Success Thread!

alaska2go

Oct 20, 2012
Canon City, CO
My eldest son's first mule deer buck. Hunting the hot & dry conditions was a challenge & he was getting discouraged but hung in there for 6 days of hard hunting. I keep telling him we hunters must have 2 traits to be successful, patience & optimism.....DSCN2183.jpgDSCN2180.jpg

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
First mule deer EVER! I'll tell the story and post more pics in a separate thread. He's not a bruiser (~2.5 years old), but I'm stoked!2016 Deer Hunt-10.jpg

dble07

Dec 6, 2014
Last week in Montana. My biggest buck to date.

ND archery mule deer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
Got my first mulie on 11/12/16 at noon, taking a nap on a hillside with my boots off in 65 degree weather (shot a WT last year in MT on our first trip there) . Buck was the ruttiest deer I have ever seen, back legs/tarsals were crusted with urine. We chose that spot to nap after making the all night drive from MN to MT so we could overlook a grassy valley leading to where we thought some does were bedded. I just happened to wake up at 11:58 and shot him trotting up the valley at 220 yds at 12:06 while by buddy slept 10' from me. Was a cool hunt. Lots of rutting all week and with the moon, bucks were active at noon actively moving while the does were bedded down in the heat.

aboss014

Aug 7, 2016
Got my first mulie on 11/12/16 at noon, taking a nap on a hillside with my boots off in 65 degree weather (shot a WT last year in MT on our first trip there) . Buck was the ruttiest deer I have ever seen, back legs/tarsals were crusted with urine. We chose that spot to nap after making the all night drive from MN to MT so we could overlook a grassy valley leading to where we thought some does were bedded. I just happened to wake up at 11:58 and shot him trotting up the valley at 220 yds at 12:06 while by buddy slept 10' from me. Was a cool hunt. Lots of rutting all week and with the moon, bucks were active at noon actively moving while the does were bedded down in the heat.

What area in Montana were you hunting? Hoping to hunt that state next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigsky2

Mar 9, 2011
IMG_0800.jpg

Saw this guy on the last week of the season last year but I didn't have a tag. He gave me the slip a couple times this year before getting him on day 7.

As a bonus I found his shed while I was hunting him this year.

IMG_0810.jpg

grizzly

Dec 3, 2013
UT
After a hard 4th season hunt in CO, we got lucky to find this guy the last hour of the last day. Its my dream buck and I'm still on cloud nine.

20161201_195640.jpg