Amazed

nunt'nbutmuleys

Feb 25, 2011
IMG_0795.jpg
Congrats to my father in law. After being totally blind since the late 80's he's still getting it done!! This man amazes me with all he still accomplishes in life!!! Much respect and love!

nunt'nbutmuleys

Feb 25, 2011
My father in law lost both eyes due to industrial injurys. That was mid to late 1980's. Finally lost last of sight around 89.He had gun rigged up so he can hold it on tripod and scope mounted offset. Someone stands behind him looks through scope and tells him which way to adjust. Once there tell him to squeeze and kaboom. He has harvested antelope deer and a cow moose this way. Pretty awesome!!

nunt'nbutmuleys

Feb 25, 2011
He introduced me to high country hunting right before he lost his sight completely. We tried pistol scopes and rifle scope. He finally found a guy that built the offset scope mount. That's awesome also. And if I knew who he was I would personally thank him but father in law told me today he thinks he passed away in Oregon!! So thanks above if this is true!!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Congrats to him!

This is a great post and I bet you it feels so good to put his hands on the deer when he gets one!

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
Kind of makes me feel guilty for complaining over aches and pains due to age. In spite of everything else. my eyesight is excellent. Kind of been taking that for granted. Guess we should be thankful for what we have rather than complaining over what we have lost. He is a true warrior and I'm sure his family is very proud of him. Good job and best wishes to you all...

BB

SwanSlayer

Oct 6, 2016
Loveland, CO
Kind of makes me feel guilty for complaining over aches and pains due to age. In spite of everything else. my eyesight is excellent. Kind of been taking that for granted. Guess we should be thankful for what we have rather than complaining over what we have lost. He is a true warrior and I'm sure his family is very proud of him. Good job and best wishes to you all...

BB
Exactly! There are many of us that don't share the struggles of day to day life that some people do. In reality, we should be forever grateful for the opportunities the Good Lord has blessed us with!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SwanSlayer

Oct 6, 2016
Loveland, CO
View attachment 17556
Congrats to my father in law. After being totally blind since the late 80's he's still getting it done!! This man amazes me with all he still accomplishes in life!!! Much respect and love!
Thank you for sharing a little bit of his story with us. Congratulations to him as he is a testament to the perseverance we all can only hope to achieve in life!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk