rifle sling

swampdog112

Nov 18, 2014
Oklahoma
I'll be hunting with a new rifle this year and I'm on the hunt for a new sling for it. I've got the flush cup side mounts in the stock and i'll be taking it on a 7 day backpack hunt in Idaho in a few weeks. Weight is a consideration but I also don't want something so minimalist that its completely uncomfortable. Any suggestions for a simple, comfortable, and not ridiculously priced sling?

Thanks

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
I like the Quake Claw Contour Rifle Sling. Seems to stay in place and while using my Kuiu pack, I can sling it over the edge of the pack (where the load straps are) which helps keep my hands free.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I really like the Ultimate Rifle Sling. It doesn't fall off your shoulder and because it is rubber and gives a little it you can wrap your forearm arm around the sling and it really tightens up the rifle if you have to shoot without a rest.

http://www.specialtyoutdoorproducts.com/

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
I also like the Quake Claw Rifle Sling for most hunting, but when cutting weight for back packing I'll go with a simple nylon strap type sling since my rifle is often strapped to the backpack when covering ground.

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
I like the Quake Claw Contour Rifle Sling. Seems to stay in place and while using my Kuiu pack, I can sling it over the edge of the pack (where the load straps are) which helps keep my hands free.
I too like the Quake Claw sling. It is light, impervious to water, and really stays on your shoulder. You aren't always fighting and adjusting the darn thing like other slings that slip off of your shoulder all the time.

http://www.quakeinc.com/The-Claw-Rifle-Sling.php

huntabsarokee

Feb 27, 2012
Northeast PA
I just picked up a quake claw as well and went with the 1 inch version. To me the profile fits well for a mountain sling. Actually put it on a youth 243 again because it is smaller and lighter. Liked it so much just ordered a 2nd.