Two Oregon Bighorn Poached

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
They otta hang those two SOB's. I just don't get how STUPID THESE TWO IDIOTS WERE! X2^^^^ I feel when convicted Oregon should let two WSF <1 club members from Oregon of course operate the hanging machine!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
These are the kind of morons that give us hunters a bad name! I hope they nail them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
Idiots,,,throw the book at them!! they need to tack on attemping to elude police also!! ram wasn't even 3/4 curl,,,what a shame!!I always enjoy tryin to see them when im cruising I-84 that direction.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
This is just a general question about poaching, and I'm sure most people on here can't answer this, if not any. Why? You can't really do anything with it, not like you can take a sheep to the taxi, you don't have a tag for it.
I know a guy that shot his biggest deer of his life, and it was in a questionable situation. I couldn't look at that buck hanging on my wall everyday, just remind me of the law/laws I broke.

You can't stop everyone, but if the penalty was so great I do believe it would stop most.

wa-hunter

Apr 24, 2014
just pisses me off!! we drive by those sheep all the time. they are very cool to see right next to the highway. i hope those to rot to death in prison!!

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
It looks like they cut the heads off right under the jaws...destroying the capes. These guys should be made into an example, so others don't mimic their actions. A stint in jail (looks like they've been there before) a big fine and....I was going to say loss of hunting privileges, but they didn't have a license in this case, and will hunt without one in the future. I don't have an answer, other than a lengthy prison term and a felony record.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
Whatever is done won't be enough! So many wait for a OIL opportunity that sheep offer, and these clowns just took that from others. What a shame.

birdhunter

May 8, 2011
Black Hills, Wy
I feel that with all the hundreds of poaching going on everywhere that it is in part of the trophy system that was put in place decades ago. Back when Roosevelt started the scoring system and wild game management, it was a necessity. Now days, people have forgotten what the hunting is suppose to be for finding yourself and your family some food for the year. Its very rare to find someone hunting for meat these days. Its all about how big their harvested animal is. Lots of people still eat the meat but there are also a lot that don't want to eat it and donate it to a food bank. Now, nothing wrong with the donation. I think that is a great idea to feed the people in need. I just don't think it is right to shoot something without the intent to even try and eat it. Its all blown way out of proportion these days. I don't mind shooting an average buck. It tastes way better than an old monster that is so tough to eat. I understand the thrill of tagging a monster elk, deer, moose, sheep, etc. But when it comes down to it, everyone should be out there hunting for the purpose of food. That's my honest opinion. I know lots will disagree.

300bee

Dec 10, 2015
Pitiful, these clowns need to pay a handsome price for their stupidity and blatant disregard for wildlife laws and just the sheer fact that they don't give a damn about anything or anyone but themselves.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
I feel that with all the hundreds of poaching going on everywhere that it is in part of the trophy system that was put in place decades ago. Back when Roosevelt started the scoring system and wild game management, it was a necessity. Now days, people have forgotten what the hunting is suppose to be for finding yourself and your family some food for the year. Its very rare to find someone hunting for meat these days. Its all about how big their harvested animal is. Lots of people still eat the meat but there are also a lot that don't want to eat it and donate it to a food bank. Now, nothing wrong with the donation. I think that is a great idea to feed the people in need. I just don't think it is right to shoot something without the intent to even try and eat it. Its all blown way out of proportion these days. I don't mind shooting an average buck. It tastes way better than an old monster that is so tough to eat. I understand the thrill of tagging a monster elk, deer, moose, sheep, etc. But when it comes down to it, everyone should be out there hunting for the purpose of food. That's my honest opinion. I know lots will disagree.
Pretty sure a number of folks tend to agree with your food first opinion. Actually, based on surveys I have seen, the majority of non-hunters (not anti-hunters) do not necessarily object to hunting for food, but many object to trophy hunting. About 75% of my and my families hunts have a goal to collect organic free range protein, some call it venison or wild game meat. But I do enjoy hunting for a mature antlered specimen on occasion, and we do very much enjoy eating those too...

These morons, and most like them, target an animal for antlers/horns, ego or resale or who knows, should never be called or confused with hunters. They are criminals first and foremost, who's crime is poaching. That said there remain poaching rings who's focus is selling the meat, equally criminal IMO.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
A lot of folks do it just bc the opportunity presents itself. You have idiots who'll drive down the road and shoot livestock. 9/10 alcohol or narcotics are involved.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
A lot of folks do it just bc the opportunity presents itself. You have idiots who'll drive down the road and shoot livestock. 9/10 alcohol or narcotics are involved.

Agreed Packmule, as in sad but true. The whole issue just makes me want to go postal or nuts or crazy or ... The level of stupidity and lack of respect for the resource these two showed is beyond the pale. Nearly unbelievable, sadly, only nearly.