WY NR Elk draw results

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
If they post them early this year, I think it will be by a day or two at most. So 23rd or 24th.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Here is when it happened historically from my notes:

2010: Thursday Feb 18
2011: Friday February 18 @ 7:30 am
2012: Tuesday Feb 21
2013: Wednesday Feb 20 @ 8 am
2014: Monday Feb 24 @ 9:00 am
2015: Thursday Feb 26 @ 9:00 am PST

30Hart

Aug 30, 2012
Utah
I think ever since they screwed up in the draw and gave everyone a tag in a couple areas that they are reluctant to release as early as they used to. I think they double check the results before release....24 or 25th is my guess.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Are we notified when the results are posted? Via email?
In the past you were either notified with a tag in the mail (successful) or a check in the mail (unsuccessful). Not sure what there plan is this year for unsuccessful applicants since they will be crediting the credit card you applied with. I would expect something will be sent or emailed that shows your new point total.

I've never had the patience to wait and normal check my draw results online.

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
In the past you were either notified with a tag in the mail (successful) or a check in the mail (unsuccessful). Not sure what there plan is this year for unsuccessful applicants since they will be crediting the credit card you applied with. I would expect something will be sent or emailed that shows your new point total.

I've never had the patience to wait and normal check my draw results online.
Really? I didn't realized they'd be crediting my credit card this year rather than sending me a check as in the past. That'll be nice.

WapitiBob

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
Bend, Orygun
If you are unsuccessful you will get a credit back on the card or if the card rejects the refund they will issue a warrant check. There is no notification of draw success or lack thereof.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I wish they'd hurry up and release the results! I need to know before I put in my Utah apps. There's a big difference in not drawing a Utah late rifle tag, and not drawing an early archery tag!

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
I wish they'd hurry up and release the results! I need to know before I put in my Utah apps. There's a big difference in not drawing a Utah late rifle tag, and not drawing an early archery tag!
There should be time. Wyoming should be up Jan 25 and Utah is due March 3.

I am gonna wait until March 1st or 2nd this year since I need to buy a license in UT. That will give me the most time in 2017 for the WY elk results to come out before I have to apply in UT before my UT hunting license expires.